Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:47 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huang_Lee View Post
lol Never thought of that. I think it does have potential to be prime real estate though. I mean, you have LaGuardia Airport right across the Bowery Bay. Sure it comes with the distant sound but I think many will find it pleasant. You have the great scene of LGA and planes flying to and from and the soozing accompanying sounds. Like Citi Field, the planes flying past during games. I love that atmosphere. You also have view of midtown, although very far and also suburbia. The distance from 6 train Morrison Av Soundview can be a good thing as you dont hear the train noise and feels even more suburban without the train. Plus, you have the Bruckner Plaza. Around the Plaza, I've seen a higher end diner and a cocktail lounge.

The Plaza has all the suburban needs
- Sporting goods stores Modell's and Jimmy Jazz
- Discount shopping Conway, Old Navy
- Groceries at Walbaums or Pathmark
- General ameneties pizzerias, convienience, phone retailers
- Theres a Toys R Us and couple other things. No electronic retailer except Radioshack though. A chain restaurant opening up there like Applebees, TGIs, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, IHOP would be nice. Maybe some more eateries and cafes like a Starbucks. And a Barnes n Noble.
I know this area well and suburban it is not. It's a very densely populated area considering it's distance from rapid transit. Too far, almost 2 miles. Anyone looking for suburbia will not find it there. Unless suburbia is long rows of narrow attached rowhouses with 2 units each. Also expect much more development over time, which strains the very limited resources in that area.

The Bruckner Plaza is slated for redevelopment as in it's current state there is tons of underutilized land. Rumor has it ground floor retail under low or midrise condos. Bruckner Plaza is also located in a totally different neighborhood then Barbour Pointe/Shorehaven. In density, feel, and demographics. Roughly 1 mile north.

It's a dense urban community, more in common with other rowhouse neighborhoods then suburbia or the very dense apartment building blocks where most Bronxites live. The views of Midtown are nice, along with the bridges. Mostly middle income area surrounded by a mixture of incomes in surrounding Harding Park. The area immediately west of these complexes is a mess and should have been razed by Robert Moses, I believe he had planned for public housing or a park expansion at that location. I don't think it will survive anything over a category 1 hurricane. Terrible planning and drainage issues. On the bright side it is a pretty tight knit community with a low violent crime rate. That's not in reference to the new development, the new stuff looks to be constructed to at least survive a moderate hurricane. The new complexes are very safe. You won't encounter a high crime rate until you go north of Lacombe Ave about a half mile away where the housing is of much high density and the demographics are generally poorer.

Last edited by nykiddo718718; 07-10-2013 at 01:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 AM

60 posts, read 95,986 times
If you want to buy a two family house then go to City Island. Nice atnosphere. Safe. Down to earth people. Very nice views.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,560 times
I just put a downpayment on one of the new 2 family homes being built across the street. I was shocked to find out that there won't be 24 hr security on that side. I want an honest opinion of that area before I move any further in the buying process.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 858 times
I'm been trying to close on a 3 bed room condo at this location and it's been over 4 months. My loan officer claims that management is slow or doesn't return email or mail after various request. And when management finally responded to the correspondence, questions were incompletely answered.Therefore the bank had to resend email and mail. Management wants everything in writing. They will not give us any info on the phone. The seller is furious, I kind of gave up, my lawyer is ****. Then I read that somebody else also went thru the same BS. I really don't know if it's the bank or management but somebody ain't doing their job. maybe I will try another bank and start from scratch. Can somebody tell me which bank is lending at shore haven condos please.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:49 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
If I were you, I would take all this as a sign and find another place to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City