U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:27 PM

808 posts, read 985,357 times
Default Harbour Pointe / Shorehaven Community (Soundview, Bronx)

So I get this postcard in the mail touting about the Bronx's "premier 24-hour gated riverfront community".

Card says this community has:
- Clubhouse and pool
- Riverfront parks
- Walking esplanade with views of Manhattan skyline
- "Generously appointed contemporary homes"
- Tax Abatement (on select homes)
- Special Financing (subject to income restrictions and bank approval)

- 2/3/4 bedroom condos starting from the upper 300s (price and availability are subject to change without notice )

Apparently, they've had their grand opening today and are having open houses or something this weekend and next weekend from 10-6.

Anyone else hear about this and have any further info about this? It sounds OK except for the fact that it's in Soundview and is WAAAAAY out of the way of the 6 train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 03:24 PM

149 posts, read 455,801 times
I went to vist the complex and I fell in love with it.The condo's are roomy and its all brand new.But I went to check out the area at night and I did not get a good vibe.I felt very uncomfortable due to it looking skeechy in the surrounding area.Maybe the area would change once people move in but the inside of the gates its awesome..

Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 PM

10,993 posts, read 13,984,463 times
Default I got that postcard...

several times in the mail. It looks like some trick photography because they make the Empire State bldg look like it's directly across from the development. In reality the Clason's point area would have a straight across view of E Harlem, not midtown

And I wonder if it appears as modernistic as they show it with those fancy black pointed dome like lamps. I was down at Clason point once in my life 30 years ago and at that time it wasn't even built up. I have no idea what it looks like now

Where would residents go shopping? On Story or Westchester Ave? I'd imagine there'd be not too many places in the immediate area one could go and feel safe unless they had a car and went to Bruckner Plaza or Bay Plaza

Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 28,669 times
have u gotten any feedback on this? i was looking to purchase there also .

Old 10-19-2008, 11:19 PM

85 posts, read 259,624 times
I have a couple of friends who live there and like it. It is a gated community and the residents seem to all be good people. You do get a nice view of the city skyline as well as the bridges. The only negatives are, as previously mentioned, the distance to the train, and the possibility of encountering some sketchy characters from the projects, which are relatively close. Also, Bruckner Plaza is the closest major shopping area, which is not really walkable if you are carrying a lot of groceries, but busses run frequently. (I would def. want to have a car if I lived there though.)

Overall, I like the complex.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 AM

8,752 posts, read 8,611,515 times
Overall I like the complex as well..it is a slice of waterfront suburbia in the city. The main problems are the distance to the train, and the lack of walkability...which comes with the territory when you want a slice of suburbia.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 AM

731 posts, read 1,204,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1775 View Post
I have a couple of friends who live there and like it. It is a gated community and the residents seem to all be good people. You do get a nice view of the city skyline as well as the bridges. The only negatives are, as previously mentioned, the distance to the train, and the possibility of encountering some sketchy characters from the projects, which are relatively close. Also, Bruckner Plaza is the closest major shopping area, which is not really walkable if you are carrying a lot of groceries, but busses run frequently. (I would def. want to have a car if I lived there though.)

Overall, I like the complex.
Not to mention the fact that the nearest high school is Stevenson. So if you have teens, I suggest sending them to Lehman in Westchester Square.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:26 AM

8,752 posts, read 8,611,515 times
Well to be fair you can say that about just about any school (public or otherwise) in every community in NYC..they all generally suck..it is not inherent to Harbour Pointe and comes with the territory when having school age kids in NYC.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 24,147 times
My family and I are considering a tour of the complex. I read some of the feedback and I am curious to know how much is the going price(s) for the townhome, condos, especially based on the pros and cons being shared. Thanks for any follow-up feedback.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 16,217 times
My family and I went to see the 3 bedrooms Condo at Harbour Pointe/Shore Haven and loved it. However, we were very close in closing the deal until the 2 persons we were dealing with both got fired. As a result, we found out that our financial information were never submitted to bank for approval (401K statement, 2 years tax returns, w2's and bank statements). We were very disappointed because we were informed that everything was being processed. It is a good thing we did not leave a deposit with the lawyer to handle our closing. As a result, we are really reconsidering whether or not to review the next phrase of Condos. Overrall, the place is really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City