Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 PM

730 posts, read 2,053,407 times

Advertisements

There are two events going on in the Bronx this upcoming Columbus Day Weekend.

First, on Saturday, there will be a Fiesta Latina (Latin Festival) in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month. It will take place in the Hub on 3rd Av between 154th and 147th Sts.

Then, on Sunday, there is the Bronx's Columbus Day Parade along Morris Park Avenue.

So drivers, do not drive on 3rd Av on Saturday (as well as nearby streets) and on Morris Park AV on Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 06:42 AM

348 posts, read 1,248,117 times
There was also a fun sidewalk sale yesterday in Throggs Neck with most of the merchants participating by giving away freebies or hosting events for the kids (crafts, balloon making, face painting, etc). The Merchants Association rented out the Bronx Trolley to take people up and down the main street. Pretty nice and it had a great turn out - not sure if they are continuing it today or not.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 AM

I went to the Fiesta Latina yesterday and it was packed in the Hub. A lot of people were happy about the food, the car-free atmosphere, and the performances.

I would like to see the Hub have some car-free weekends in the near-future (but with only buses running through there).

Old 10-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Going through Morris Park today for the Columbus Day Parade was amazing. Everyone was civilized and friendly, the ladies looked amazing today!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotb16 View Post
I went to the Fiesta Latina yesterday and it was packed in the Hub. A lot of people were happy about the food, the car-free atmosphere, and the performances.

I would like to see the Hub have some car-free weekends in the near-future (but with only buses running through there).
I bet it was Puerto Rican biased. A heavily PR area, so I wouldn't expect nothing else. That is why I did not go, I would go crazy from all the salsa playing. I need to hear some Bachata and Merengue!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I bet it was Puerto Rican biased. A heavily PR area, so I wouldn't expect nothing else. That is why I did not go, I would go crazy from all the salsa playing. I need to hear some Bachata and Merengue!
There was plenty of salsa, with some merengue, bachata, and reggaeton too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: