Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Riv Riv started this thread

236 posts, read 604,327 times

Advertisements

Moynihan?

How honest could he have been? Did we really need a new Penn station (named Moynihan station)?

Who is paying the cost for this boondoogle? Hint: The same people that are paying the cost for two unneeded new stadiums.

The digging up, the construction brings up more rats into an already rat infested area. I don't recommend eating in any of the fine (as well as not so fine) restaurants or food places in the area of Penn terminal, Madison Square Garden as that is where you'd expect the rats to go and of course no restaurant owner or worker is going to close his place up or make an announcement "Folks. Don't eat here. We had rats and mice in our kitchen. We need to spray poison in our kitchen right now". But believe me, the rats and mice will be there after all the digging and construction going on to build Moynihan station".

Moynihan should have never signed that paper to convert the Post Office into an unneeded, costly, unhealthy new railroad station. The people don't need a new station, Penn Station isn't as overcrowded as the papers claimed it was (money talks and brainwashes the people) so that public sentiment would favor a new station but a new station equals a new place for the chains to put their stores.

D'Amato? Very overrated. When I needed his help, all his staff did was turn me down through a couple of form letters............

An honest man?

Look at the record.

Last edited by Riv; 10-26-2008 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 AM

824 posts, read 2,790,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Koch was the only three term mayor for at least 5 decades: to whom are you referring as the 'other' three term mayors?
I misspoke; I think I meant to say that 3-term mayors were rare.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Koch was well-liked. He was very popular and a likable guy, still is, but let's be honest his track-record in retrospect was mediocre at best. But I guess he was pretty honest...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 PM

9 posts, read 66,241 times
No person can last in politics after their first term without becoming corrupted.

They simply won't last.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:35 PM

346 posts, read 1,256,498 times
I HATE that politicians have to pretend to be ultra-ethical demigods to get to and maintain a position in office. Elliot Spitzer was a great governor, but one prostitute and he's kicked out of politics. Hell, I'd rather have him than our current gimp governor.

So to answer your question, has there ever been any perfect politicians, no, not really, its something that no human truly possesses. And these days most political scandals are highly overstated by members of the media. I just wish that these guys would just defend themselves a bit more and didn't rush throw themselves out of office.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 AM

657 posts, read 1,632,213 times
The word "honest" and "politician" don't belong in the same sentence...PERIOD.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 AM

655 posts, read 1,991,614 times
At this point, I figure if we don't hear from an elected official, it means they're not doing anything wrong or haven't been caught. That being said, I've always thought my state senator Frank Padavan has been very good and I'm not a registered republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City