U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 PM

48,890 posts, read 45,073,226 times
good post you are probably right.
so much resistance to so much clarity. sorry it came to this. with rare exceptions,
americans handle their criminals same way they handle their naughty kids, they dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:47 PM

185 posts, read 457,533 times
Update:

Anyone changed their mind yet? Or were these still a bunch of "thugs waiving guns"?

Turns out they werent even raised here, both were raised in Trinidad.
Still cant seem to associate the weapon with anyone, no actual proof yet, oh and the third mystery man taken into custody that WAS alive) Still no conclusion about him.

A lot of holes in this one.

And the Cops, (who youd think would want this case solved), STILL can't figure it out. In fact the NYPD is ctually blocking the independent investigation.

And thats not suspicious?

Sigh* Some people will never admit that they are wrong and predjuced. And assume a heck of a lot.

Cops covering up shootings: critics

I for one would like an investigation if the NYPD is so sure of their story. (I thought many of you were so confident in the NYPD's story last October), SO lets follow this and see where it leads. City Council hasn't given up on this one yet.

So anyone STILL defending the NYPD on this one? * I suppose there will always be the few out there who just can't dissassociate black or Brownsville with thuggery. Suppose now, those kids were innocent, would they still be the thugs, or the ones in uniform be the thugs? (And Im sure I dont have to post about this weeks latest odd shooting in Bushwick this week, *yet another lawsuit*

Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,036,887 times
Desi..what I can say is that "critics" (who are these critics by the way, the victim's families...in which case they will ALWAYS say cops are the ones who were wrong) exist no matter what happens, so its moot. Secondly, nobody has the magic answers here, and I gave the police the benefit of the doubt ON THIS CASE, however there is ALWAYS the possibility that other evidence comes to light to provide a better picture of what happened. Nobody DEFENDS the NYPD, but we do TRY to give them the benefit of the doubt, no matter how small that may be.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 AM

1,720 posts, read 2,017,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
You guys are all looking at this the same way. Maybe b/c you are all men. I am just pointing out that the mothers point of view of HER sons would be different regardless of how bad they are, which she may or may not have known. And now they are both dead. So if she is being a little irrational, I can understand why.

Not to mention she is probably being force fed garbage from her friends and the media everyday telling her how horrible the NYPD is.
Well, if we want to go the gender route, IMHO, this is the big reason single motherhood largley doesn't work. Women are too irrational and emotional to admit their kids are thugs or a danger. Too much emotional attachment.

My mom was a different breed thou, she woulda shot me herself.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:30 PM

164 posts, read 382,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
I am not trying to defend her b/c there was obviously lack of parenting on her part,
I wouldn't say that, this sort of thing happens a lot and young men can get mixed up with the wrong people, they were adults, they didn't need parenting.
I feel for the mother, but if they were going around with guns in public, they have to deal with the consequences, and i guess they won't be getting much sympathy.
Anyones kids, no matter how well brought up, once they are adults can get involved in bad things, whether theyre brought up well/badly/rich/poor/ whatever!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM

164 posts, read 382,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Women are too irrational and emotional to admit their kids are thugs or a danger. Too much emotional attachment.
I agree.
she doesnt seem to understand her sons fired the first bullets.
no NYPD are going to be getting ino trouble over this

Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM

185 posts, read 457,533 times
*sigh* guess not, maybe Ill have to post back in a year when ven more stuff comes out.

"fired the first bullets" "too emotionl to admit" "their kids are thugs"

8 pages of posts, and Ive seen nothing but assumptions based on NYPD testimony that has serious credibility issues with the autopsy and coroners report, conflicts with on ground eyewitness reports, has already changed, and is now being hidden from an investigative body.

I am shocked that still there are many here willing to cry out "guilty thug" and blame the mother.

It makes me feel ashamed. They may be guilty, they may not, but the single mother's testimony has not yet conflicted with any evidence. Now the NYPD's testimony has yet ANOTHER reason as of this month to doubt THEIR story.

I though this meant something in America Presumption of innocence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well I would be wrong to accuse the NYPD of committing acrime, because I don't know that. But how can I call these kids "thugs gone astray because of their black single mother in Brownsville" without using baseless stereotypes?

I guess there will always be those unamerican and shameless fools out there that are willing to insult and draw conclusions on NYPD testimony rather than use facts. Just like I still hear people swear to this day that the US found WMD's, There will always be nuts out there that call all black people from the ghetto "thugs" even if THEIR mothers testimony so far is the only one found to be 100% credible in the investigation so far.

Sad. I think our new Television Judge Judy style justice culture has obliterated the rule of law that our founding fathers fought so hard for, and that even the NYPD should continue to fight for as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 AM

10,090 posts, read 13,036,871 times
I thought you guys were not allowed to have guns in New York.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:08 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,036,887 times
Thats true, which is why we are one of the safest cities in the country. Do we really need everyone carrying an AK47 and 400 rounds of bullets just to buy milk?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM

284 posts, read 819,448 times
Desiarnez6, you are they only one that has put out a good argument in this discussion with articles to back up. But it has fallen on deaf ears, I use to live in Brownsville and saw some of the things Police officers did-and can totally understand why you feel the way you do. Its a shame when you fear the police more than the criminals, and thats the way a lot of people in our communities feel. I have seen police harrass innocent people while gang bangers with colors walk right pass them. My wife and I called police to report a crime taking place in front of our home and they never showed up-not once but twice-this is the stuff that make you lose fate in the ones that are suppose to serve and protect. I am not saying that all officers are bad, and I am currently going thru the process of becoming an officer but I will serve my community and not pass judgement so easily. We need more community policing, where the officers actually try to get to know the people they serve instead of thinking we are all criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City