Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,343,139 times

Advertisements

Sha83..it has nothing to do with racism..it has to do with your obvious nonsensical accusations and blanket statements that indict entire races of people. Gunshots all night? Everyone smoking weed? Come on dude..be real. I am not playing the race card...you are playing the ignorance/biggot card. People were out celebrating because a milestone has been reached in this country that many thought WOULD NEVER COME..and you are complaining because they were out celebrating (safely I might add) and disturbing your beauty sleep? You realize you live in the Bronx right and not Boofoo, Arkansa? If you are looking for quiet, undisturbed sleep every night, why do you live in NYC exactly? Furthermore, I am guess 20 years ago you complained about ACTUAL gunshots all night, and now you are complaining about the SAFE celebration of one night? Sounds like you enjoy complaining to me and criticizing/shunning your fellow neighbors. After all, according to you, all they do is fire guns, smoke weed, and blast music all night. Why are you still living here again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM

JOe Bama I am with you on this 100%....this Sha83 character is ridiculous. The fact that he is unable to comprehend WHY people were celebrating and not tucked into bed by 8pm is laughable. And the whole everyone shooting/weed/etc is indicative of his distaste for his community, and himself for that matter.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:19 PM

348 posts, read 1,246,360 times
Something just doesn't pass the smell test...

On one thread, the following was written: "Well, I would like to agree with you, but in the past week I have dealt with BS in my own neighborhood because of someone on my block spreading the rumor that I'm an undercover cop looking to implicate people (because I'm White), and since Obama won, I've gotten various racist/anti-White comments. All is right in the world!...

On yet another thread - more seemingly disparaging (and borderline racist) remarks about people of color.

But on another thread: "Only 99%? what's funny is that over 2/3 of the Bronx is people of color and this is in the South Bronx and 99% of those people in the photo are White/White Hispanics and Asians (who normally live among Whites). What's wrong there? No Black or Puerto Rican or Dominican folks? And THAT, my friends, is photographic evidence of why most of us are not gung-ho about the "rebuilding" of the South Bronx."

Is somebody having an identity crisis OR do we have a poser in our midst???

Last edited by NYCwoman; 11-12-2008 at 02:28 PM..

Old 11-12-2008, 02:26 PM

I suspect we just have yet another angry poster who can't keep his angry thoughts str8...nothing more.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM

396 posts, read 1,006,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
First of all you are generalizing that everyone out there was smoking weed and shooting guns. that was a few bad apples.
a majority of the people are law abiding citizens who work everyday jobs that make the city go round. In addition there were wealthy NY's with Doctor and Lawyer jobs as well.
Whats most amazing is that even though people had to get up to work the next day( which I did for my Optician job) they felt the need to go out and celebrate with their neighbors and strangers. Then they got up the next day bright and early with a giant smile on their face.
When did I say everyone? Well, tehn agian, I DO live in the South Bronx. These aren't welathy doctors or lawyers. The point is that WHY do people resort to this behavior? And why is it "racist" or "hateful" to call people on this sh*T? Part of being an adult is acting like one.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Sha83..it has nothing to do with racism..it has to do with your obvious nonsensical accusations and blanket statements that indict entire races of people. Gunshots all night? Everyone smoking weed? Come on dude..be real. I am not playing the race card...you are playing the ignorance/biggot card. People were out celebrating because a milestone has been reached in this country that many thought WOULD NEVER COME..and you are complaining because they were out celebrating (safely I might add) and disturbing your beauty sleep? You realize you live in the Bronx right and not Boofoo, Arkansa? If you are looking for quiet, undisturbed sleep every night, why do you live in NYC exactly? Furthermore, I am guess 20 years ago you complained about ACTUAL gunshots all night, and now you are complaining about the SAFE celebration of one night? Sounds like you enjoy complaining to me and criticizing/shunning your fellow neighbors. After all, according to you, all they do is fire guns, smoke weed, and blast music all night. Why are you still living here again?
Sweetheart, I am from NY, not the MIdwest or Arkansas, as you claim. Secondly, you assume I am elderly or was around in the 1970s when there was gunfire all night? Sure, make excuses for why people can't be civil. Not all of the people in the neighborhood were doing this (no where did I say they were), but the point is nobody SHOULD be doing that stuff, especially at 3 AM on a weeknight. So, your response is that I leave because I don't tolerate that behavior? That's the typical liberal response. The ONLY people who make noise on theblock is the dealers, drug addicts, alkies, and welfare peopel. EVERYONE ELSE is sleeping because they ahve jobs and school to go to. I guess that doesn't really matter...

Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
JOe Bama I am with you on this 100%....this Sha83 character is ridiculous. The fact that he is unable to comprehend WHY people were celebrating and not tucked into bed by 8pm is laughable. And the whole everyone shooting/weed/etc is indicative of his distaste for his community, and himself for that matter.
There is a huge difference between celebrating and doing drugs, drinking in public, and resorting to violence. I wouldn't expect a trogolodite to get that one, though./

Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCwoman View Post
Something just doesn't pass the smell test...

On one thread, the following was written: "Well, I would like to agree with you, but in the past week I have dealt with BS in my own neighborhood because of someone on my block spreading the rumor that I'm an undercover cop looking to implicate people (because I'm White), and since Obama won, I've gotten various racist/anti-White comments. All is right in the world!...

On yet another thread - more seemingly disparaging (and borderline racist) remarks about people of color.

But on another thread: "Only 99%? what's funny is that over 2/3 of the Bronx is people of color and this is in the South Bronx and 99% of those people in the photo are White/White Hispanics and Asians (who normally live among Whites). What's wrong there? No Black or Puerto Rican or Dominican folks? And THAT, my friends, is photographic evidence of why most of us are not gung-ho about the "rebuilding" of the South Bronx."

Is somebody having an identity crisis OR do we have a poser in our midst???
Or do we have an independent thinker who expresesses her thoughts and doesn't try to keep them in a box or label them? If you actually lived in the Bronx, maybe you'd get it. I am a White South Bronxite. I never claimed to be otherwise. Believe it or not, yes, there are non-Midwestern, non-hipster White people who live in the South Bronx and other traditionally Black/Latino areas. Who's the racist? LOL Furthermore, your opinion doesn't matter.

Goodnite.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM

78 posts, read 315,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha83 View Post
Well, I never said I lived in Mott Haven, I live in the MORRISANIA area. Secondly, the racist accusation really detracts from your argument. How is it racist? How do you know what I saw or heard? I have friends in those projects on Webster Avenue & Third Avenue who reported the same thing I did. You make me laugh. Please stop trying to discredit people by playing the race card because it really is a tired excuse and quite juvenile.
sha83--you sound like a smart young man and a responsible American. These people will continue to play the race even with Barack Husseins victory. There is no excuse for shooting guns and smoking pot. Last time I checked they were both illegal. Nobody with half a brain was out their partying. Nys finest should have had a massive sweep and reqired everyone to produce id. I bet a couple of thousand would have went in for warrants.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,556,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha83 View Post
LOL Furthermore, your opinion doesn't matter.

Goodnite.
such an attitude really doesn't help us as posters exchanging ideas - we can disagree without humiliating someone who expresses another opinion, can't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City