U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM

3,225 posts, read 5,174,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
My friends apartment was so small when I opened the front door i fell out the back door!
buh! dum! pshhhhh!
lol.

my friend's apartment was so small the front door was also the back door, the bathroom door and the closet door.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:50 PM

2,742 posts, read 4,828,501 times
Hmm, my friend has a studio in UES, he pays 3000+ for the studio. The studio is really nice but extremely small.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:03 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,723,781 times
l looked at one where the bathroom and kitchen sink were one in the same, I thought it was a mis-print on the description so I went to look at. Pretty gross, the bathroom was like in the kitchen. Those most definitely should be separated!

Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
l looked at one where the bathroom and kitchen sink were one in the same, I thought it was a mis-print on the description so I went to look at. Pretty gross, the bathroom was like in the kitchen. Those most definitely should be separated!
i beg to differ, or actually my real estate agent would beg to differ. she usually uses that as a selling point for those suffering from incontinence.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 AM

9 posts, read 18,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Hey! That's my place! The bathroom only has the toilet in it. So the kitchen sink is also the bathroom sink. Where's the bath, you may ask . It's in the kitchen!

While this sounds weird to many people, including me at the time, it turned out to be very nice and we didn't mind it at all. (we being my partner and myself)

Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 PM

2,932 posts, read 2,133,266 times
I have a friend who use to own a very small 1bdrm apartment that he couldn't close the bedroom door bc it would hit the bed. So finally he left it open all the time.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:58 AM

My friend's apartment is so tiny that she needs to undress/dress in the kitchen where she hangs a miorror above the stove. I always enjoy it when she invites me for a meal she's preparing herself.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 16,108 times
Ever see "The Blues Brothers" where Jake and Elwood go to their rented room in a men's hotel?

That describes my friend's first Manhattan apt., in 1999, up on E 46th, if I recall. What the heck was it's size? Seven feet by ten or eleven? I don't know. It was only big enough for a bed, two chairs, a table, and a sink. Common toilet and shower down the hall.

It looked like a normal building from the outside, but even my friend called it a half-way house. She spent five months there before getting into something humane off Crescent St in Queens.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM

821 posts, read 187,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artgoeshere View Post
Hey! That's my place! The bathroom only has the toilet in it. So the kitchen sink is also the bathroom sink. Where's the bath, you may ask . It's in the kitchen!

While this sounds weird to many people, including me at the time, it turned out to be very nice and we didn't mind it at all. (we being my partner and myself)
That reminds me of the apt. I lived in on E9th Street and 1st Ave. in 2003.
I would take a shower in the kitchen, while my roomate cooked breakfast right next to me.
I liked it cuz i could have interesting conversations with him while taking a shower.
It was rent controlled, like $300 a month, so everything was broken of course. The windows didn't fit right, the ceiling fell down, really cold.
I felt like I was reliving the immigration experience of the 1910's!
It was a great summer though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City