U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:38 PM

174 posts, read 255,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
That's right, there is a new Best Western in the Bronx that opened along the Bronx River on the Sheridan Expressway. This is the same owner who bought an older hotel (Alps by Tremont and Westchester Ave) and in its place opened a very nice Howard Johnson's hotel by the Bronx Zoo. Although the location is odd, the owner successfully rebranded the Alps hotel, which was awash in prostitution, into a quite nice Howard Johnson that cleaned out the riff raff and now serves tourists, locals, and Botanical Gardens/Bronx Zoo fellows and temporary guests. I am glad to see it!
This is cool but what I really want to see is a bigger hotel in a more pedestrian-friendly area. There was a proposal years back for a 25-story hotel near the metro north rail yards and Lincoln Hospital on 149th street but nothing ever became of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 11:31 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,701,847 times
Pookie I think they are planning, as part of the Yankee Stadium redevelopment zone, a new Hotel somewhere near 149th street. They have already rezoned something like 40 square blocks, so the groundwork is being laid as we speak.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:44 PM

430 posts, read 442,682 times
Just a little update about that hotel along the Sheridan expressway right off the CBE; it's no longer owned by Best Western, and is now called the Sheridan hotel. (almost sounds like the word Sheraton too )

Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM

8,544 posts, read 7,907,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanza107 View Post
Just a little update about that hotel along the Sheridan expressway right off the CBE; it's no longer owned by Best Western, and is now called the Sheridan hotel. (almost sounds like the word Sheraton too )
I walked passed the hotel a few days ago, saw some hood chicks who are probably prostitutes go in there with some dudes. That hotel was a bad idea for that area especially since hoe avenue is near by.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 AM

555 posts, read 560,138 times
So are there any hotels..not HOSTELS but hotels/motels in NYC for under $100 anymore?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,701,847 times
I think there is a Days Inn on Brook Ave which is under $100, as well as the Howard Johnson in West Farms/East Tremont.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM

7,905 posts, read 13,968,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanza107 View Post
I guess we can chalk that one up as an L...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City