U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 PM

18 posts, read 23,027 times

Advertisements

thanks everyone. I guess we are looking to spend under $100 per night for activities. Not including dinner. We usually like bars and stuff and aren't really looking for an expensive dinner for this trip. cool pic of the sandwich. Yeah we might have to split it. But doing all that walking I might get hungry too. Thanks for the two links. Those will help a lot.
So wich part of town is the big tree in and times square? So confusing. Upper eat upper west, midtown.
I don't really care to see the empire state building or even the statue of liberty. We might see a play. But who knows. I know I wanna stay near times square.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 PM

91 posts, read 278,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyS33 View Post
thanks everyone. I guess we are looking to spend under $100 per night for activities. Not including dinner. We usually like bars and stuff and aren't really looking for an expensive dinner for this trip. cool pic of the sandwich. Yeah we might have to split it. But doing all that walking I might get hungry too. Thanks for the two links. Those will help a lot.
So wich part of town is the big tree in and times square? So confusing. Upper eat upper west, midtown.
I don't really care to see the empire state building or even the statue of liberty. We might see a play. But who knows. I know I wanna stay near times square.
The tree is in Rockefeller Plaza.

Rockefeller Plaza, New York, New York, New York 10020 - Google Maps

And Times Square is here:

times square - Google Maps

Pretty close together and no big deal to walk between.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:36 PM

18 posts, read 23,027 times
what about greenwich village? anything there to see?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:42 PM

9,404 posts, read 16,033,050 times
I would suggest staying in Times Square at one of the hotels nearby, the aforementioned Marriott and the Westin usually have occupancy. And, for the nostalgia of its old commercials, The Milford Plaza. LOL...though I'd rank the Westin and Marriott a bit higher than the Milford Plaza.

Do you like food? If so, you're right near all the theatre district restaurants, some of which have excellent prix fixe fare. Also, you can get deals on tickets at the TKTS booth for half price, day of shows, both Broadway and Off-Broadway. The sales benefit the Theatre Development Fund. TKTS Discount Booths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City