U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,614,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetogo24 View Post
No. I don't think he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent b/c he appears to have money.
People with money often get out of nonviolent crimes, like white collar crimes like this guy on Wall Street who stole potentially $50 billion from investors through fraud. And often women are not believed when it comes to date rate and what not, so his prior offenses may have gone without adequate prosecution because of this bias against women. However, a voilent criminal like that doesn't get away with it regardless of status. Especially the lowly status of a local police captain. They're not known for the vast wealth to say the least. Anyone remember the Kennedy guy in Greenwich who was convicted of killing his neighbor when he was a teenager? They prosecuted him vigorously as they have with a number of other rich but very violent people. I tend to be a bit skeptical too when it comes to the wealthy getting away with things, but society tends to draw the line at extreme violence. So no, he wont get away with it because the public will demand nothing less.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:47 AM

11,512 posts, read 15,640,679 times
how is the atty/dad's influence able to reduce the sentence and other punishments when the elements of the crime are clearly spelled out in the statutes and evidence? I always wondered how this works

Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM

3,225 posts, read 5,365,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
People with money often get out of nonviolent crimes, like white collar crimes like this guy on Wall Street who stole potentially $50 billion from investors through fraud. And often women are not believed when it comes to date rate and what not, so his prior offenses may have gone without adequate prosecution because of this bias against women. However, a voilent criminal like that doesn't get away with it regardless of status. Especially the lowly status of a local police captain. They're not known for the vast wealth to say the least. Anyone remember the Kennedy guy in Greenwich who was convicted of killing his neighbor when he was a teenager? They prosecuted him vigorously as they have with a number of other rich but very violent people. I tend to be a bit skeptical too when it comes to the wealthy getting away with things, but society tends to draw the line at extreme violence. So no, he wont get away with it because the public will demand nothing less.
Perfect analysis. I agree.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,000,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I'm safe to go home with--I have low testosterone levels!!!!

There was an article in one of the local papers that an overwhelming percentage of young adults today have character disorders(paranoid, antisocial, borderlines, histrionic, narcissistic)--this guy certainly fits the antisocial category of that spectrum
A CRIMINAL SOCIOPATH fits the spectrum of the antisocial category.

Remember O. J. Simpson? He fits into that category so well!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City