U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 PM

3,225 posts, read 5,431,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Because not even Clinton could keep a single woman quiet.
I know we're talking of loose change but Clinton's problem was loose lips.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I just watched the movie Loose Change and was amazed by the information that they had found, or should I say evidence, that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job by our own government. Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads[/url]
Hi Dorian, I'm trying, in my other posts on this thread, to put a little levity on the wild accusations leveled against out government for the atrocities of 9/11 - because if I don't I will boil over in anger at those irresponsible and callous enough to put personal agendas before truth and propogate such utter falsehoods.

As an evacuee from downtown Manhattan on that awful day where so many lost their lives to Bin Laden and his terrorists, it is tragic that Americans can mailgn our governemnt so much and in the process help the cause of those who even now, as we speak, are secluded in caves, mountains, training camps, plotting to kill more of us and to destoy more innocents while on their hate agenda against the freedoms and democrcy of America that they disdain so much.

Sure, dorian, governments have lied to us in the past and we will probably be lied to again in the future. But the allegations that here in America elected officials would conspire to kill innocent men, women of all political, racial, ethnic, religious persuasions in furthering some undisclosed or nefarious purpose is very, very tough to swallow.

I go even further in stating that it is outlandish, insensitive, libelous, slanderous and unpatriotic to have these allegations fly around.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,046,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
But the allegations that here in America elected officials would conspire to kill innocent men, women of all political, racial, ethnic, religious persuasions in furthering some undisclosed or nefarious purpose is very, very tough to swallow..
To kill Thousands of innocent civilians.
And for what reason, what would they get out of it?
I mean people really believed that the reason is Iraq, please the US didnt need 9/11 to go the Iraq.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:33 AM

1,297 posts, read 2,748,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Hi Dorian, I'm trying, in my other posts on this thread, to put a little levity on the wild accusations leveled against out government for the atrocities of 9/11 - because if I don't I will boil over in anger at those irresponsible and callous enough to put personal agendas before truth and propogate such utter falsehoods.

As an evacuee from downtown Manhattan on that awful day where so many lost their lives to Bin Laden and his terrorists, it is tragic that Americans can mailgn our governemnt so much and in the process help the cause of those who even now, as we speak, are secluded in caves, mountains, training camps, plotting to kill more of us and to destoy more innocents while on their hate agenda against the freedoms and democrcy of America that they disdain so much.

Sure, dorian, governments have lied to us in the past and we will probably be lied to again in the future. But the allegations that here in America elected officials would conspire to kill innocent men, women of all political, racial, ethnic, religious persuasions in furthering some undisclosed or nefarious purpose is very, very tough to swallow.

I go even further in stating that it is outlandish, insensitive, libelous, slanderous and unpatriotic to have these allegations fly around.

I can respect what you are saying, but I'm not saying that I 100% agree with the allegations that our government planned it, I just think it is very possible that there was more to it that had to do with them and if not them possible one of our allies. It's just that the fact that people would be so naive to believe that the government wouldn't hide anything about that day from us is ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I can respect what you are saying, but I'm not saying that I 100% agree with the allegations that our government planned it, I just think it is very possible that there was more to it that had to do with them and if not them possible one of our allies. It's just that the fact that people would be so naive to believe that the government wouldn't hide anything about that day from us is ridiculous.
Okay Dorian. I exit the thread now but I just wanted to give another perspective. Cheers.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:20 AM

2,742 posts, read 5,046,986 times
Quote:
I just cant believe people that people find it hard to believe that a small group of people can actually do so much damage.
And if it was a terrorist attack, why does it have to involve our government. Why is hard to believe that the government didnt have anything to do with it.
I could be naive, but then you could be gullible for conspiracy theories.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 AM

91 posts, read 278,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
I just cant believe people that people find it hard to believe that a small group of people can actually do so much damage.
And if it was a terrorist attack, why does it have to involve our government. Why is hard to believe that the government didnt have anything to do with it.
I could be naive, but then you could be gullible for conspiracy theories.
Exactly. There was short-sightedness and possibly criminal negligence in the fact that the admin was so focused on Iraq that they ignored the intel regarding the actual threats. That does not equal a deliberate conspiracy involving thousands of people and ending with the destruction of the trade center.

I find that most of these conspiracy theories are based in the idea that something huge could not have taken place through conventional means. The illusion of safety is so ingrained into people that they feel the only way something so massive could have happened was with massive planning and with the power of nations or governments behind it. It's like the people who think aliens built the pyramids because there was no way mere men could do such a thing.

Men are capable of great acts of creation as well as great acts of destruction. It only takes a few dedicated people to destroy something but it takes thousands to maintain safety.

I've got plenty of issues with the way the government handled the trade center attacks and used them to justify an agenda that has hurt our nation. Just remember that "The Government" is made up of individual people. It's not some monolithic unstoppable thing. It's just stupid, shortsighted, selfish, lazy, greedy, flawed people.

Just like the rest of us.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:37 AM

1,992 posts, read 5,254,693 times
What about the 93 WTC bombing, was the Gov behind that, too? The fact is, on 9-11-2001, our nation was attacked by Al-Qaeda, a terrorist network that is responsible for some of the worst acts of terror is the name of Islam. That network is led by a man name Osama Bin Laden ( remember him? ). Those are the facts, and I still hate the fact that there are some people walking around this city with a "reinvestiage 9-11!" T-shirt.

Now, did the US Gov, know about an attack on the US: The answer is yes. In August of 2001, Bush received a Presidental Daily Briefing stated "Bin Laden determine to attack in US". Even out going President Clinton admin, warmed the up coming Bush admin, that Bin Laden could attack within a year. So, the signs were there.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM

2,936 posts, read 5,213,389 times
Quote:
I just watched the movie Loose Change and was amazed by the information that they had found, or should I say evidence, that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job by our own government. I thought before that it was kinda odd that the wtc buildings collapsed like they did. I always thought that it appeared that the buildings were demolished with controlled explosives and not by accident from a plane crash. I was caught off guard by the other information that they gave. Every US citizen in there right mind should be demanding answers for the government after watching this film. Trust me watch it.

Watch "Loose Change: Second Edition" Movie - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads (http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/loose_change_second_edition/ - broken link)
I think that new show Jesse Ventura: conspiracy theory will have an episode on this in the coming weeks if its not pulled off of truTV first. Maybe then people won't be soo scared to raise their concerns. That film Loose Change first introduced me to the idea years back and ever since I've only become more convinced. 9/11 was an inside job, as much as that 1% doubt in me doesn't want to believe it. People need to wake Mod cutup.

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-09-2009 at 06:19 AM..

Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 AM

445 posts, read 788,530 times
Funny, I was just thinking about Loose Change last night. I was completely convinced after watching it (full disclosure: I'm a bit of a tin-hat and do not trust the government). I sent the link to my husband, who is in the construction industry. He pooh-poohed the theories about how the towers couldn't have possibly fallen without explosive devices being set off. He said the heat from the exploding fuel tanks definitely could have melted the metal.

So - I dunno. I'm on the fence. As a New Yorker, my first reaction, after getting over the initial shock, was to wonder whether the government was behind it. Not so much orchestrating the attack but allowing it to happen for political reasons, as many say FDR did with Pearl Harbor. It just seemed too convenient in the way it fit with the Bush/Cheney agenda. Going back in history, there are many things that go on behind the scenes and we the people don't have a clue until years later, if ever. On the other hand, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City