U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 02:27 PM

5,570 posts, read 5,364,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
What happens then? Does the thread disappear from the Forum List?
No, you stop receiving email notifications for the thread, which you only get if you post in a thread to begin with. If you go to Quick Links, there is also a Subscribed Threads option, which basically tells you which threads you are getting email from.

Only a moderator can close a thread. If you believe you have good reason to have that thread closed, appeal to the moderator. But if it is just because you've moved on from the thread and the activity does not violate the terms of use, ie. you're sick and tired of the thread, I doubt the moderator will do anything to close it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 AM

20,144 posts, read 26,425,454 times
Quote:
No, you stop receiving email notifications for the thread, which you only get if you post in a thread to begin with.
Oh I see.
I have never chosen the option to receive e-mail notifications from any forum. My e-mail booxes get clogged enough as is with ads for New York Theater.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Oh I see.
I have never chosen the option to receive e-mail notifications from any forum. My e-mail booxes get clogged enough as is with ads for New York Theater.
You probably get more emails than I get. Virginia theater doesn't send out that many emails.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,337,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
if indeed you are white (as you say), all you have to do is look at crime stats to see that you are much safer in an all-white area than a heavily "diverse" area. Schools are better too.
So give me the montony of an all or mostly white area any time.
White flight to the suburbs over the years has absolutely nothing to do with skin color, but everything to do with bad behavior and social ills, caused disproportionately by certain groups.

how correct you are.!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
If indeed you are white (as you say), all you have to do is look at crime stats to see that you are much safer in an all-white area than a heavily "diverse" area. Schools are better too.
So give me the montony of an all or mostly white area any time.
White flight to the suburbs over the years has absolutely nothing to do with skin color, but everything to do with bad behavior and social ills, caused disproportionately by certain groups.
Spare me the details. All White areas are so boring, death seems to be a better option. Give me a little bit of color, anything other than an all White/plain vanilla neighborhood.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:50 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,661,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
about people liking to be "with their own."

I find the sole company of "my own" to be somewhat monotonous.
I pretty much agree with that. P.S., I luv NYC.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,492,037 times
It's all fun and games until someone goes on a killing spree, then you can kill 30 birds with one..assault rifle :-/

Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,520,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Spare me the details. All White areas are so boring, death seems to be a better option. Give me a little bit of color, anything other than an all White/plain vanilla neighborhood.
Spoken like a true hood person. Good stay where you are. We don't need people like you and your kind moving into white neighborhoods and ruining it. Please stay where you are or better yet move out of NY all together so your neighborhood can be gentrified and become safer than the sh1t hole it current is.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 AM

19,154 posts, read 32,681,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Spoken like a true hood person. Good stay where you are. We don't need people like you and your kind moving into white neighborhoods and ruining it. Please stay where you are or better yet move out of NY all together so your neighborhood can be gentrified and become safer than the sh1t hole it current is.
You need to go stand on Fordham Road on top of a soap box. You do realize that majority of the people you detest don't even know what City-Data is, right? I hope you realize that...has voicing your opinion on here (over and over and over and over again) improved QOL in your neighborhood yet? SMMFH....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,520,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You need to go stand on Fordham Road on top of a soap box. You do realize that majority of the people you detest don't even know what City-Data is, right? I hope you realize that...has voicing your opinion on here (over and over and over and over again) improved QOL in your neighborhood yet? SMMFH....
I'm in the minority to make a real difference however voicing my opinion on CD allows me to hit some NYers who side with ghetto people. I let it be known that they are worthless uncivil people who serve no use but to leech off other people's hard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or