U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:45 AM

264 posts, read 453,738 times
wheres st. vincents hospital? whats that area like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM

1,730 posts, read 2,814,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
wheres st. vincents hospital? whats that area like?
St. Vincent Hospital, now called University Hospital of S.I, is on Bard Avenue. That area is called "Castleton Corners." It has very nice homes, nice restaurants, etc.

However, it has a city project, with many rowdy people. Stay away from Richmond Terrace, which is residential and industrial, and has a bad element of people.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM

9,670 posts, read 16,847,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
St. Vincent Hospital, now called University Hospital of S.I, is on Bard Avenue. That area is called "Castleton Corners." It has very nice homes, nice restaurants, etc.

However, it has a city project, with many rowdy people. Stay away from Richmond Terrace, which is residential and industrial, and has a bad element of people.
are u talking about west brighton?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM

905 posts, read 1,756,581 times
Interracial couple (yeah, old post): steer clear of the South Shore and you'll be OK. Even on the South Shore, I doubt you'd run into many problems, but you may get some people looking at you funny and/or some moron saying some dumb stuff. The North Shore is pretty diverse, though, you'll be fine around there. The North Shore and South Shore of Staten Island sometimes feel like two different boroughs.

The area around St. Vincent's Hospital is, I'm pretty sure, actually West Brighton. It's generally pretty nice, though there are a few dicey areas nearby. Use appropriate judgment and you should be fine.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 AM

2,742 posts, read 4,739,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post

Is not called University Hospital of S.I., that is another hospital that has nothing to do with St. Vincent.
St. Vincent is now Richmond University Medical Center (RUMCSI), http://www.rumcsi.org/
I live in this area, is a nice area.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:32 PM

537 posts, read 436,407 times
Me too, but I still say steer clear of SI if at all possible.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:14 AM

716 posts, read 1,384,023 times
I live on a 99% Italian American street in Queens and as a Filipino American guy, have never had any problems. In fact, people are out of their way nice to me even though I'm a minority in their neighborhood. I'm not sure if Italian Americans are any different on SI, but I think they get a bad rep for being racist or xenophobic. I don't understand how anyone can be racist and live in NYC, you'd have to be shaking your head at every other person, makes no sense.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM

1,730 posts, read 2,814,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
I live on a 99% Italian American street in Queens and as a Filipino American guy, have never had any problems. In fact, people are out of their way nice to me even though I'm a minority in their neighborhood. I'm not sure if Italian Americans are any different on SI, but I think they get a bad rep for being racist or xenophobic. I don't understand how anyone can be racist and live in NYC, you'd have to be shaking your head at every other person, makes no sense.
Italian-Americans in the South Shore section of Staten Island, are not any different than the ones living in Queens. This section of SI has very few apartment buildings, and is mostly one or two- family houses.

They welcome anyone that moves here and BEHAVES APPROPRIATELY. They would not welcome anyone hanging out in front of their house or apartment, with a beer on his/her hand, blasting music, and disturbing the peace, after 11pm., even if you are Italian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City