Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 PM

343 posts, read 1,022,440 times

Advertisements

Apply for the lotteries people....

Housing Preservation and Development

click on apartment lotteries to the left in the orange boxes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM

4 posts, read 16,750 times
iF U HAVE A BOY U HAVE TO GET A 2 BEDROOM BY LAW IF U HAVE A GIRL THEY MAY GIVE U A 1 BEDROOM. U HAVE 30 DAYS ONCE U GET THE LETTER TO SELECT UR DEVELOPMENT. BEST ADVICE IS TO GO TO THE LOCATIONS UR CONSIDERING DURING THE DAY...N THEN LATE AT NIGHT...SOMETIMES THINGS R NOT WHAT THEY SEEM......LOL

aS FAR AS LEAVING THE CITY....WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LEAVE A PLACE THAT I LOVE N WHERE ALL MY FAMILY N FRIENDS ARE BECAUSE THE RICH R TAKIN OVER N RENTS R SO RIDICULOUS N THE APTS R NOT EVEN WORTH WHAT THEY R CHARGING????? I DONT THINK SO.....

sECTION 8 IS BUSTED! LOL THEY HAVE $0 MONEY! FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IT WILL NOT BE OPEN TILL AT LEAST 2013! N IF U WANT A TRANSFER DONT COUNT ON IT! THEY R NOT GIVING TRANSFERS EITHER.

HOMELESSS N SSI ONLY GET A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF NYCHA APTS. THEY R NO LONGER THE PRIORITY. NYCHA NEEDS WORKING FAMILIES SO THAT THEY CAN CHARGE MORE RENT.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:32 PM

44 posts, read 243,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impatient View Post
I allready had my interview and it was for a lottery. The development and boro were chosen for me. How much longer is this process. ??

did you find out how much longer it was, cause im not in the same situation. i got a letter stating it was a lottery choice, how long did it take to do the interview and how long to get the apartment?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,156 times
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you have a boy and he is not six years old you will get an one bedroom apartment and if you have a girl you will still get an one bedroom apartment!!! Sorry!!!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:23 AM

2 posts, read 9,516 times
i put in for nycha in august of 2010, im still on the waiting list to get a interview, this is very frustrating i was looking very forward to move b4 the winter, im trying to keep the faith.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 AM

870 posts, read 1,340,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess251983 View Post
i put in for nycha in august of 2010, im still on the waiting list to get a interview, this is very frustrating i was looking very forward to move b4 the winter, im trying to keep the faith.
Hey Princess! which borough was your first choice for a development? if it was Manhattan, you may have a much longer wait than you think. I've applied to housing at least 3 times over the past 6 years. Reason being is that if they dont call you for an interview in 3 years you have to re-apply every 3 years to maintain your spot on the waiting list. The third time I applied was to add my son to my application. I put Manhattan as my first choice of borough and i know the wait will be long. I have a friend who used to live in the bronx and was on the wait list for 7 years before getting called in to an interview which resulted in him getting a 1 bedroom apartment in manhattan. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:12 AM

337 posts, read 965,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Sobroguy; leaving New York for a cheaper city would be the most logical thing to do for a family on a tough budget. It's amazing how much farther your housing money will go in say, Virginia, Texas or North Carolina.
No, we need poor people here. If not nyc would be all midwestern tranplants,artists,and aspiring musicians. Look at New Orleans, all the people who made it interesting left and now it sucks. It's all out of town phonies.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 34,484 times
I have been waiting for 4 years and I'm a DV victim!!! Smh

Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,418,800 times
For section 8 they have 90,000 vouchers and 120,000 families on the waiting list, so it's gonna be a long long time. My suggestion would be to get on the waiting list somewhere else with a shorter waiting list, live there for a while, and then "port-in" to NYCHA.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 18,818 times
me and my family been on nycha waiting list for 13+years aug 2011 we where finally certified what i would like to know is how long do we have to wait before we are called for the apt it's a shame they make you wait years just to get interviewed and once that's done you still have to wait what a shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City