Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM

138 posts, read 595,275 times

Advertisements

so i was wondering if anyone on here has ever done the no pants day subway ride?

I did it for the first time today, i met so many people, it was so much fun... it really was hilarious. it was great to see the looks on peoples faces to see the subway cars fill up with pantless people.

Though, as i left i realized i lost my metrocard at some point. boo hoo. it was unlimited until the 29th
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazattack View Post
so i was wondering if anyone on here has ever done the no pants day subway ride?

I did it for the first time today, i met so many people, it was so much fun... it really was hilarious. it was great to see the looks on peoples faces to see the subway cars fill up with pantless people.

Though, as i left i realized i lost my metrocard at some point. boo hoo. it was unlimited until the 29th
Never seen that before. Too bad about your metrocard, especially since it's an unlimited one.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
Ah yes, gotta love Improv Everywhere for starting the trend. While I have not participated in the event myself, I have heard of it and have seen people going to the train without pants.

That's a shame about the Metro Card, though, but at least you have participated in a fun event in the city. I give you a lot of credit for participating, since it's not too easy a thing to walk around without pants on, especially in cold weather.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM

it wasn't so bad! im surprised i did it but afterwards i was thinking.... really .... what was i nervous about? it was fun and so many other people are doing it too.

yeah the metrocard really sucks... it just reminds me how poor i am! still no job... bleh

Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazattack View Post

Please pardon my bashfullness and old-fashioned values which made me unaware that there was an event where riders boarded a train with the bottom half of their outfits missing. While I do not advocate such lack of prudery might it not have been more ideal to be half nude on a spring or summer day?

Perhaps you might have been able to ride the subway again had you worn at least a robe in which to stick that metrocard!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
If you purchased your unlimited card with a credit card or debit card and it was either a 14 day or 30 day card, you can contact the MTA and get back the balance of whatever was left on the card.

MTA - Insurance for 30-Day Metrocard

I have no idea what to say about the lost pants

Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 PM

93 posts, read 242,785 times
That's great. I haven't been on here for awhile and was checking to see if you did the no pants event! I'll be watching the video on Improveverywhere

Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 AM

my metrocard was one of those free ones a friend got from his job... not purchased, so it was free to me, but i only got to use it for a week and its a monthly unlimited

Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Just wondering what people that went pantless did when they got to work that day. Do you carry a pair with you? Also isn't it cold in the area right now? Are you completly open to the world down there or are you wearing something to keep from freezing?

I will contemplate this as I lounge around the pool on Monday.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Also isn't it cold in the area right now? Are you completly open to the world down there or are you wearing something to keep from freezing?

I got the impression from the various posts that they were indeed open to the world down there. And it's been bitterly cold here these past few days! And sometimes wind gusts take an upward moving vertical direction here in the Big Apple!

Aren't you glad you live in a warm climate where everyone wears their pants?!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City