Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 PM

842 posts, read 4,308,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Is this the same place that had an indoor slide that clubbers could use from the second floor to slide down to the first?
LOL that's some funky ****!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:40 PM

216 posts, read 992,710 times
Quote:
Is this the same place that had an indoor slide that clubbers could use from the second floor to slide down to the first?
haha instant flashback. not sure if its the same one but there was a big slide in CLUB USA, off times square. we would go on sunday nights and extend the weekend a little longer lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 35,381 times
Default To Stanford

Yes!!! And I cant remember the name for the life of me. I thought it was Starbucks but I am not sure. Can you help???

Old 12-06-2007, 04:56 AM

150 posts, read 725,723 times
This is a great topic.

I remember - Oh the 80's....

Manhattan:

The Fun House
Giggles - still there on 40th - I remember those "Liquid" lunches very well
Starbucks - Before the coffee!!! Where I met my husband
Bentleys

Queens

(Forest Hills)
The Lemon Tree
Apple Annie’s
Heskels
The Stratton
Eclipse
TJ’s – Metropolitian Ave
Josettes - Howard Beach
There was another club down on Queens Blvd going towards Manhattan/59th Street Bridge across from a really seedy motel, but I can't recall the name - can this be lamour East?

Brooklyn

Elephus

Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianefiero View Post
Yes!!! And I cant remember the name for the life of me. I thought it was Starbucks but I am not sure. Can you help???
Yes, that was Starbucks!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:38 AM

54 posts, read 373,998 times
Frangi,

I too remember The Lemon Tree in Forest Hills. You'd have to walk down some stairs because it was subterranean.

There also was a club on Queens Blvd., probably the Rego Park Area that is now a stripper club I think. Had great times there as well (the dance club, not stripper club).

Later on in 90s I discovered Webster Hall.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Frangi,

I too remember The Lemon Tree in Forest Hills. You'd have to walk down some stairs because it was subterranean.

There also was a club on Queens Blvd., probably the Rego Park Arena that is now a stripper club I think. Had great times there as well (the dance club, not stripper club).

Later on in 90s I discovered Webster Hall.
Yep and as I recall it was a bit cheezy and rather small. Did you every go to Heskels? I think that's how to spell it? I used to have really good times there, it was just a few doors down?

The ARENA Oh My God, yes that's it!!! Thanks, that was a cool place - good music as I recall.

Wow I just remembered a place in Middle Village called "Kickers" had a mechinical bull and all - great Wed night male strippers (hot in the 80"s) oh my flashbacks hurt!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 PM

54 posts, read 373,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangi914 View Post
Yep and as I recall it was a bit cheezy and rather small. Did you every go to Heskels? I think that's how to spell it? I used to have really good times there, it was just a few doors down?

The ARENA Oh My God, yes that's it!!! Thanks, that was a cool place - good music as I recall.

Wow I just remembered a place in Middle Village called "Kickers" had a mechinical bull and all - great Wed night male strippers (hot in the 80"s) oh my flashbacks hurt!
Definitely hung out at Heskels too!

Does anyone remember a place in the way early 90s in the city. It was called Rascals (I think). There was freebie admission for the ladies before 10:00 p.m.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 35,381 times
Thank you so much. God the memories!!! Or lack there of LOL... Starbucks yes what a place.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM

879 posts, read 1,952,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
Arline, you need to school me because I don't remember Wal Cliff, when was that?

The only Roller Rink I remember in Elmont was Roller Castle, and that **** was classic!

Roller Castle was built on the site of Wal Cliff. I remember going to Wal CLiff too but only the rink. It was already Roller Castle by about 1983 but not sure when Wal Cliff closed for good. I remember kids would go into the closed down Wal Cliff to hang out.

Roller Castle was definelty where I hung out thugh, I went to elementary school right acrross the street at Clara h Carlson and I could walk to the rink. I spent all my quarters in the acrade there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City