U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,415,053 times

Advertisements

Crap does happen everywhere but urban NY specializes in this type of crime. This is more than just a quality of life issue. But in NYC people are jaded enough to think this barley constitutes crime.

Manhattanites and suburbanites are starting to look and sound more and more the same with each passing day. Who would have thought- thirty years ago? Most working class people here WOULD have some acid in their perspective after living this reality for decades. It makes sense.

Manhattan types slamming this individual for expressing an opinion held by the masses makes no sense. Unless it makes them look in the mirror and realize that the NYC they think they live in really does not exist.

Last edited by cyntmac; 03-11-2007 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-11-2007, 02:22 PM

500 posts, read 2,672,956 times
"look in the mirror and realize that the NYC they think they live in really does not exist"

Cyntmac,

I'm kind of wary of your statement. I've been reading your posts and not only are they mostly bitchy rants and angry responses with no real help, but you live in New Jersey (not in NYC) and you've said you don't like the city.

From out there in the suburbs, would you be kind enough to shed some light on this non-existent City of New York you say we live in?

Thanks.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:10 PM

2,806 posts, read 14,975,849 times
Some Moolie punched a 101 year old white lady. Should I act surprised? I don't expect better behavior from these animals.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:48 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,415,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
"look in the mirror and realize that the NYC they think they live in really does not exist"
Cyntmac,

I'm kind of wary of your statement. I've been reading your posts and not only are they mostly bitchy rants and angry responses with no real help, but you live in New Jersey (not in NYC) and you've said you don't like the city.

From out there in the suburbs, would you be kind enough to shed some light on this non-existent City of New York you say we live in?

Thanks.
A suburbanite would not waste time responding to this post. We all have different opinions but I keep my anger out of the posts-UNLESS I find that someone is intentionally misleading people here by posting false info. It happens far too often and is of no help whatsoever.

Where do you live? Can you shed some light for me? What kind of help can you give?

Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 PM

500 posts, read 2,672,956 times
Cyntmac, I live in Midtown Manhattan, the heart of this non-existent city of New York you say we all live in.

Correction: you live not in New Jersey but in Los Angeles!!

3000 miles away- it must be easy to go on the New York forum and say that our city "really does not exist".

I asked you a question and you refused to answer. Let me shed some quick, easy brilliant light on NYC for you in your faraway shallow sprawl:

There isn't a more authentic, real and non-bull**** city in the world than New York. Period.

As for the original topic: a grandma gets mugged and the whole world reacts as if it were the first time ever an old woman suffers a robbery on Planet Earth. Bunch of hypocrites.

I'm glad I don't watch TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or