U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:27 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,701,438 times
Default 101 year old lady mugged on video

I'm sure you have seen the video footage of the 101 year old lady getting smacked down, punched and dropped to the floor in Jamaica Queens.

Doesn't this happen on a daily basis? It happened to the women in my family at least 4 times, nothing like your mother coming home from work with a black eye. These incidents are of course never caught on video so never publicized. Now that the cat is out of the bag, the rest of the world can see what life is like in working class New York. Our working class struggle with the welfare nation can't be swept under the rug by ivory tower dwelling suburbanites and liberal Manhattanites.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11215959/de...=headlineclick

Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 AM

480 posts, read 1,985,223 times
And what about the baby that was stolen in Texas, or the little girl that was murdered in Florida? Crap happens everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
I'm sure you have seen the video footage of the 101 year old lady getting smacked down, punched and dropped to the floor in Jamaica Queens.

Doesn't this happen on a daily basis? It happened to the women in my family at least 4 times, nothing like your mother coming home from work with a black eye. These incidents are of course never caught on video so never publicized. Now that the cat is out of the bag, the rest of the world can see what life is like in working class New York. Our working class struggle with the welfare nation can't be swept under the rug by ivory tower dwelling suburbanites and liberal Manhattanites.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11215959/de...=headlineclick

Last edited by Check123; 03-11-2007 at 01:50 AM..

Old 03-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
And what about the baby that was stolen in Texas, or the little girl that was murdered in Florida? Crap happens all over the place.
Just to clarify, sucker punching 101 year old lady's is normal behavior and a non-issue? It happens everywhere according to you, so why should we care? Sorry I brought it up, lets discuss more important life quality issues like brokers fees and shopping malls.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 AM

Yes, when the context of the original post is less about the crime and more about "welfare" and "ivory tower suburbanites".

You're not concerned with the crime so much as you are about expressing an acidic opinion. As if we're to be impressed by some unique perspective.

Quote:
Just to clarify, sucker punching 101 year old lady's is normal behavior and a non-issue?

Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Yes, when the context of the original post is less about the crime and more about "welfare" and "ivory tower suburbanites".

You're not concerned with the crime so much as you are about expressing an acidic opinion. As if we're to be impressed by some unique perspective.
I did my check123 and it was clearly revealed that you are the only one expressing and an opinion. Along with making huge assumptions you have completely ignored the facts. You might want to take a deep breath, take that count up to 456 and find some answers anchored in truth before you start your personal bashing. If you are going to post in my threads you are going to have to follow the guidelines of the board and stay on topic. This thread is about a 101 year old lady getting clocked in the face not about your opinion on the PH balance of my perspective. If you can't stay on topic you should not be posting.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:38 AM

Fact: childish commentary (not about the crime):

Quote:
...the rest of the world can see what life is like in working class New York. Our working class struggle with the welfare nation can't be swept under the rug by ivory tower dwelling suburbanites and liberal Manhattanites.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 AM

The post was absolutely about the crime. now you are going to be exposed with facts. These brutal crimes have been happening to our mothers and grandmothers for decades in this city. Have seen them first hand. Now with video surveillance these crimes can not be swept under the rug while those sheltered in the suburbs and upper class Manhattan pretend like they do not happen and brainwash the masses with the diversity agenda.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:02 AM

750 posts, read 1,494,204 times
All I can say is that it's very sad to have a elderly person attacked so. It's also a reminder that the youth today have lost some of what our parents tried so hard to instill in us. Morals. There's a total lack of respect for our elderly. I am sorry, but if I knew someone who did this-I'd be giving them something to remember it by-eye for eye. I'd be ashamed to be related to the mugger-there's nothing to be proud of there.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:02 AM

Yes, crime against the elderly is horrible, as everyone would agree.

However, the focus of your posts is not about crime. It's about suburbanites, the upper class, and those that you have deemed as "sheltered". You are looking for the approval of others to help justify your distain for those groups; a distain that is not based on their acknowledgment of crime but based on your personal insecurities.

Quote:
The post was absolutely about the crime. now you are going to be exposed with facts. These brutal crimes have been happening to our mothers and grandmothers for decades in this city. Have seen them first hand. Now with video surveillance these crimes can not be swept under the rug while those sheltered in the suburbs and upper class Manhattan pretend like they do not happen and brainwash the masses with the diversity agenda.

Last edited by Check123; 03-11-2007 at 06:12 AM..

Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 AM

500 posts, read 2,049,774 times
Check123 is right. Sammyn couldn't care less about the mugged old lady. Sammyn just took the lady's sad case as an excuse to launch an attack on suburbanites and Manhattanites. That stinks, let me say.

If we caused this poor lady's misfortune just because we live in Manhattan, you Sammyn are as much at fault for using her to support your venomous claims and personal phobias.

This thread should have never existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City