U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,056,011 times
Reputation: 197

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
And with good reason when one condiders the lives lost, the deaths caused, the families ripped apart by drug users. As a future cop, you should be siding with us, law abiding citizens, not with thugs who would just as easily shoot you for asking them to ply their trade elsewhere. But I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, so we'll let that one go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Better_Bronx_2morrow
Miles, you are right. I for one have ABSOLUTLEY NO pitty for drug dealers. They can rot in hell for all I care. They contribute to the decay of a neighborhood. Can't have nothing nice without ghetto people f'ing it up. They poison the community for selfish reasons to fatten up their pockets because they are either too lazy to get a real job or not educated enough to have a steady, well paid job.
Whoa, I never said I was picking their side FOR THE RECORD, I'm on God's side ONLY (not to make it a religious conversation but just for the record). Everyone is a child of God, regardless of what you think. We should ALL try to help everyone, ESPECIALLY the criminals.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that as far as from a landlord perspective, there are other ways to take care of the situation, without fabricating lies. And BetterBronx, you make very strong generalizations.

PSMiles & BetterBronx, I will continue this conversation in another thread if you would like)

Last edited by justfarr1030; 01-27-2009 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: PS
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
 
294 posts, read 593,080 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
Everyone is a child of God, regardless of what you think. We should ALL try to help everyone, ESPECIALLY the criminals.

Agreed but doesn't it also say "help thy self and I shall help you"? Doesn't seem like they are helping themselves other than making their pockets fatter with drug money at the community's expense. NO PITTY FOR THEM!

By now, I'm sure everyone in this forum knows that I'm a firm believer in TOUGH LOVE. You make these low-lives feel like crap and unwanted in the neighborhood so they can feel uncomfortable and feel like an outcast. You make them feel like they don't belong.

So 2 things happen...either they get with the program by acting in a civilized mannor resulting in the neighborhood welcoming them with open arms or they feel out of place and move to some other neighborhood that is tolerate of that kind of behavior.

Far from racist but do you ever wonder why "white" neighborhoods are nice and a safe places to live and raise your children?

Because they PRESERVE their way of living. And rightfully so. They screen the type of people looking to move in their neighborhood. And if you are one of those ghetto people that managed to slip through the cracks and managed to get a place there, I gurantee that you will get dirty looks from the residents to the point that you feel unwanted which causes you to move.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
 
Location: bronx - north
473 posts, read 1,170,292 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Better_Bronx_2morrow View Post
......Far from racist but do you ever wonder why "white" neighborhoods are nice and a safe places to live and raise your children? .....
including trailer parks?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
 
294 posts, read 593,080 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
including trailer parks?
No...lol. Those are white trash people. They are no different from urban "hood" people. Same issues, different location.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,056,011 times
Reputation: 197
Bringing up black and white has nonthing to do with the crime debate.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
 
294 posts, read 593,080 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
Bringing up black and white has nonthing to do with the crime debate.
Only mentioned it in 1 post to raise a point and to open eyes as to why some neighborhoods are better than others and why.

Now back to the main topic of this thread....CAMERAS that help deter and convict criminals. I love the idea and hope it's coming to a "hood" near you! LOL.

And NO...your privacy is NOT being invaded.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,056,011 times
Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Better_Bronx_2morrow View Post
Only mentioned it in 1 post to raise a point and to open eyes as to why some neighborhoods are better than others and why.

Now back to the main topic of this thread....CAMERAS that help deter and convict criminals. I love the idea and hope it's coming to a "hood" near you! LOL.

And NO...your privacy is NOT being invaded.
And once again, race has no bearing on crime, AT ALL (cannot and has not been proven). So why bring it up to prove a point?

There have been cameras where I live for a good number of years so as far as you loving the idea and hoping it's "coming to a hood near me" they have been here quite some time and murders are still being commited. Once again cameras do not prevent crime.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
 
294 posts, read 593,080 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
And once again, race has no bearing on crime, AT ALL (cannot and has not been proven). So why bring it up to prove a point?

There have been cameras where I live for a good number of years so as far as you loving the idea and hoping it's "coming to a hood near me" they have been here quite some time and murders are still being commited. Once again cameras do not prevent crime.
Who said race has anything to do with crime? Not me. Please point it out because I know what I said. I pointed out lifestyle NOT race.

Cameras may be around your way but not around my way or other people's neighborhoods. And YES they do deter criminals. Only the truely despret will commit crimes in front of a camera. And YES they do help convict criminals and help charges STICK!

I do foresee MORE cameras going up GRADUALLY to keep extreme liberal people like YOURSELF from taking notice and opening your big mouth about its UNCONSITUTIONAL AND ITS AN INVASION OF PRIVACY HOOPLA. OH PLEASE. You have something to hide that you are afraid cameras might pick up on? If not, then don't complain. Let the cameras do the job so we can lock up the criminals and for once live in a clean and safe city like it suppose to be.

Apparently you don't live in the hood so you wouldn't know all the issues and crimes that go undetected because people are afraid to "snitch". If cameras were more present, stuff that doesn't get detected before will now be detected without depending on someone "snitching".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,056,011 times
Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Better_Bronx_2morrow View Post
Apparently you don't live in the hood so you wouldn't know all the issues and crimes that go undetected because people are afraid to "snitch". If cameras were more present, stuff that doesn't get detected before will now be detected without depending on someone "snitching".
lol.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top