U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 AM

12 posts, read 115,321 times

Advertisements

i'am also a nycha tenant who is trying to transfer from a city/state development into a federal one, nycha has said those who transfer under this program recieve the highest priority to move into any federal development in the city they choose. I want 2 find out how long did it take to transfer over and recieve an apt with this high priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 AM

294 posts, read 765,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrombk View Post
i'am also a nycha tenant who is trying to transfer from a city/state development into a federal one, nycha has said those who transfer under this program recieve the highest priority to move into any federal development in the city they choose. I want 2 find out how long did it take to transfer over and recieve an apt with this high priority.
Do you want to move out of NY? If so, that's the best thing you can do for yourself and family. The quality of life is much better in other states. And the cost of living is much cheaper too.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:40 AM

no i actually love new york and most of the things about it so as long as my rent stays affordable

Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM

8,750 posts, read 16,048,945 times
Hehe...sounds like somebody wants their cake and eat it too! I am not familiar with this program..can you explain?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:36 AM

bascially there are 21 nycha city/state developments across the city that do not recieve goverment funding so nycha is now allowing section 8 holders to rent housing apartments. the tenants that currently live in the 21 developments have a choice, they can become section 8 holders and either leave housing or transfer into another city/state project or if they dont want section 8,they can request a transfer to one of the other 322 federally funded projects and recieve the highest priority on the waiting list for whatever projects they choose. but nycha is really pushing for current tenants in the city/state developments to move out so they can turn the vacant apartments into section 8 which equates into very fast nycha transfers,depending on what projects you choose to go

Old 01-27-2009, 06:09 PM

132 posts, read 479,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrombk View Post
bascially there are 21 nycha city/state developments across the city that do not recieve goverment funding so nycha is now allowing section 8 holders to rent housing apartments. the tenants that currently live in the 21 developments have a choice, they can become section 8 holders and either leave housing or transfer into another city/state project or if they dont want section 8,they can request a transfer to one of the other 322 federally funded projects and recieve the highest priority on the waiting list for whatever projects they choose. but nycha is really pushing for current tenants in the city/state developments to move out so they can turn the vacant apartments into section 8 which equates into very fast nycha transfers,depending on what projects you choose to go
That makes sense. They're killing two birds with one stone by replacing tenants in projects with voucher holding tenants. It's opposite of what the program intended, but it helps their financial situation as they're basically getting rid of one unit of subsidized housing for each voucher tenant they take on.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 AM

i chose to be put on the waiting list for straus houses in manhattan. any current or former tenants on this board?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,250 times
do you know any safe nycha development how about linden in bklyn

Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,402 times
I also am waiting for housing under the transition program. I was wondering, if your on the waitin list does that mean you have a voucher ready when the development calls? please help.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,160 times
I spent 1 hour and 20 minutes to travel to my job and sometimes even more then that. I wish I could transfer close to my job. But according to HYCHA's policy I am not eligible for transfer. Is there any news on that requirements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City