U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM

9 posts, read 18,656 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to get a sofabed that's modern & moderately priced. (under $1,000...even better, under $500.)
I'm looking for a reliable furniture place to do home delivery & set-up.

Does anyone know if this place is good for quality & reliable delivery?

New York Furniture Store - NY Futons, Platform beds, Storage bed, Mattresses, Sofa bed, Manhattan, NJ

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 PM

7,234 posts, read 12,093,467 times
I don't have a specific suggestion but

#1 Here's some info about that store's delivery

and

#2 The Jennifer Convertibles branch on Broadway between 56th and 57th is going out of business and selling all their floor models super cheap. But I don't know anything about how reliable their delivery is. Or if they have anything left. (they did the other day.)

Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 PM

3,225 posts, read 5,427,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennee View Post
I'm trying to get a sofabed that's modern & moderately priced. (under $1,000...even better, under $500.)
I'm looking for a reliable furniture place to do home delivery & set-up.

Does anyone know if this place is good for quality & reliable delivery?

New York Furniture Store - NY Futons, Platform beds, Storage bed, Mattresses, Sofa bed, Manhattan, NJ

Thanks!
Just a caveat about the under $500 sofabeds. Be wary of the cheap ones. I once had to sleep on a sofabed for months when my SO and I fought and I ended up with both a broken heart and an almost broken back....it was a cheap sofa.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:09 PM

9,404 posts, read 16,022,820 times
It can be a challenge to find a good sofa bed that's also reasonably priced. Jennifer Convertibles offers a decent selection. Carlyle Convertibles, however, is a cut above in quality. The prices might be higher, though they do have sales, sample sales, and overstocks, but that still might put your budget in the chair or ottoman category.

I would check Crate & Barrel and Macy's for some good options. Macy's, I know for a fact, has some nice sofa beds and sofa loveseats as I know people who have them. Some are very reasonable, especially when they are on sale. Ikea is another option for a sofa bed if you like their offerings.

If you're confident buying online, check out Overstock.com. They have some very stylish contemporary and modern selections at very reasonable prices. Some offerings are in the style of high-end designer pieces, but are well under your budget range. If you didn't need a bed, they have an interpretation of the LeCorbusier sofa for under $1k in white leather. Right now, they're having a sale on furniture and delivery is $2.95 for anything, including a sofa/loveseat set...can't beat that!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 AM

7,081 posts, read 24,786,644 times
You might also want to try this place: Classic Sofa: custom sofas, chairs, ottomans and headboards

I've had good luck there.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM

9 posts, read 18,656 times
thank you for your wonderful suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City