U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM

3,225 posts, read 7,671,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
I applaud all your efforts to make the Bronx a better place. I agree with a lot of what you say about keeping the areas clean and quiet. I wouldn't call people names, or use harsh language, or blame it on one or two groups of people though. I will call the police in a minute if people congregate in front of my building, or in the halls. If you let bad habits get started they just escalate.
Bronx Better Place, I too would like to join in the applause for your good intentions and efforts to make the Bronx a better place, to beautify your neighborhood, to make it clean and esthetic for your tenants, your neighbors, to weed out graft, grafitti, criminals, vagrancy - and in so doing change both the perception AND the reality of living in the Bronx.

However, I am a little disheartened by the name calling, etc. I understand that it is natural to be steamed when issues pertaining to one's livelihood and finances are concerned, and I know that there has been rhetoric on BOTH sides.

Hopefully, the entire Bronx will one day be a better place in the eyes of all New Yorkers and all Americans. I do pray that somehow in that transition, we can maintain an atmosphere of calm and good neighborliness between tenants and their landlords - regardless of the former's need for legitimate protections against displacemnt and destitution. Likewise, I pray that hard working, decent, fair, law abiding landlords will be able to enjoy the fruits of their efforts for themselves, their families, and their neighbors.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM

11,151 posts, read 14,143,479 times
I think everything that can be said, has been said -- so let's say good night to this thread. Thanks, all.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City