U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,475 times
I have lived at Skyview on the Hudson for close to 15 years, know people who are here 20, 30 years and my neighbors lived here since the 60s and only recently moved away. There may be some turnover, but it is a solid community, almost like a small town just 22 minutes from Manhattan. It is absolutely beautiful at Skyview and it is for the most part a well kept secret it seems. Immaculate pool, well kept grounds, people from all walks of life, views of the Hudson river, Manhattan skyline, cafe, tennis courts, all on the border of Westchester county (without the high taxes!). I have been so happy here - it is a wonderful community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 PM

65 posts, read 98,655 times
im interested in Skyview as well. Do they require 10 or 20 percent down?
Just curious

Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
hi could anyone tell me about the windsors and their reputation im trying to rent and seems like the board is stringing me along so the owners say this has been going on for over a month and seeing that im a police officer i just dont understand

Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
Hi, I'm new to the site. My niece just move into skyview. I went to visit her and I love it. She's in 5700 building. I'm looking for a one or two bedroom rental just in case anyone know how to go about renting. My husband and I own a house upstate, about an hour away, but he works in the city. Our kids are all grown, and we're ready to come back to the city. You can email me at [email]zyon12508@yahoo.com[/email] if you can direct me. Thanks

Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM

10,971 posts, read 9,935,567 times
I have friends in the Skyview. They've owned for 11 years (2 bedroom $125K.) The place is terrific with a couple provisos: waiting for the bus after the subway is terrible. The final walk up the steep hill after the bus is horrendous. So put them both together and leaving Manhattan at midnight on Public Transportation is a nightmare.

They are close to the top floor looking AWAY from Metro North but I have never heard the train go by...way down the hill. The area is VERY quiet. Their view is STUNNING and so is the apartment now that they put in hardwood floors.$$$$$$.

They compain periodically about maintenance increases but seem to like living there.

The gym is a nice perk and parking is very cheap and I think a car is somewhat necessary.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-16-2011 at 08:30 AM..

Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,811 times
Default I would never move to skyview because of....

I've been told by friends that this is a beautiful place to live. But, from what I hear the board are full of ass holes who spend out of control. The maintenance is extremely high and going up. Buyers beware!!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 AM

I have friends who have lived at Skyview for over a decade. It is lovley and a healthy mix of colors and creeds so I doubt there;s much discrimination.

They face towards Van Cortland Park (with a truly stunning view from a high floor atop the "mmountain"...I feel I can see MONTAUK! ) so I cannot comment on train noise other than to say I've never heard any.

Biggest downside is the distance from the subway. The bus is a nightmare on wheels. Friends drive one another to the station and back...a big expensive hassle. If you DO take the bus, the walk up the hill is brutal in Winter.

Net result is that they seem far removed from "the City" and go into mid-town Manhattan as little as possible. This would be a BIG downer for me.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM

Oh gosh,
Rereading my old posts I realize I said basically the same thing but six months apart.
Sorry.

Oh one addendum, my friends complained that the maintenance has nearly DOUBLED in the 11 years they've been there. So the Maintenance increase complaints mentioned above seem warranted.

(I'm not sure if electricity is included...I'll have to ask.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City