U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
 
101 posts, read 107,595 times
Reputation: 53

Advertisements

"It was her fault," said the woman, who identified herself only as the officer's mother.

So my son went out and had a couple of drinks. He deserves to have a good time now and then," she said.

Heartless mom of N.J. cop charged in DWI death blames couple
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
 
3,225 posts, read 6,819,866 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by saobi View Post
"It was her fault," said the woman, who identified herself only as the officer's mother.

So my son went out and had a couple of drinks. He deserves to have a good time now and then," she said.

Heartless mom of N.J. cop charged in DWI death blames couple
Outrageous and insensitive reaction.

Yeah, why did she have to walk in front of the car driven by my impaired son who deserves the right to have fun at the risk of others not ever having any again.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,365 posts, read 15,454,812 times
Reputation: 18163
Wow, they should double his sentence just for her ignorance and callousness. I know mothers want to protect their children at all costs, but wrong is wrong, and that's part of what is wrong with society today. No accountability. Blame others for your faults and shortcomings.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
 
1,324 posts, read 1,757,732 times
Reputation: 1027
Can I get drunk, run her over, and use the same argument? I've had a bad day at work too!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:03 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 9,410,743 times
Reputation: 932
actually a few drinks does not neccessarily mean you are mentally impaired

I have had a few beers before, and everytime, I was fine, and coherent

I know a few people who can take a few shots, and they are still fine also

we do not know the full details, so putting blame right now is uncalled for

maybe it really was the victim's fault?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 PM
 
1,324 posts, read 1,757,732 times
Reputation: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
actually a few drinks does not neccessarily mean you are mentally impaired

I have had a few beers before, and everytime, I was fine, and coherent

I know a few people who can take a few shots, and they are still fine also

we do not know the full details, so putting blame right now is uncalled for

maybe it really was the victim's fault?
Are you serious??? If that was your son/daughter/loved one would you have taken her comments lightly? Plus he did have a BAC>.1 and slurred speech when the cops got him.

Its one thing supporting a son, its another thing showing complete insensivity to the situation. Very poor taste and disrespectful on her part.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 PM
 
3,225 posts, read 6,819,866 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Are you serious??? If that was your son/daughter/loved one would you have taken her comments lightly? Plus he did have a BAC>.1 and slurred speech when the cops got him.

Its one thing supporting a son, its another thing showing complete insensivity to the situation. Very poor taste and disrespectful on her part.
agreed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM
 
3,225 posts, read 6,819,866 times
Reputation: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
actually a few drinks does not neccessarily mean you are mentally impaired

I have had a few beers before, and everytime, I was fine, and coherent

I know a few people who can take a few shots, and they are still fine also

we do not know the full details, so putting blame right now is uncalled for

maybe it really was the victim's fault?
The insensitivity seems to keep snowballing. Having a few beers and being fine and coherent after, can occur and still render one incapable of operating machinery and equipment to fullest alert level - as in protecting oneself and innocents from danger.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Medina (Brooklyn), NY
656 posts, read 1,309,504 times
Reputation: 202
That article makes me sick.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 08:26 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 9,410,743 times
Reputation: 932
All I am saying is that we do not have all the facts, so let's not jump the gun

a mother has the right to defend her child
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top