Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:27 PM

66 posts, read 202,377 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm trying to ask to you people, which ways you know to live and work legally in your country. I'm from Italy. Spending so much time researching on internet but without positive results!!

I'm asking you, what to do PLEASE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 03:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I think you already know the US requires a proper visa, and in order to get a legitimate visa, you need a job.

I saw you posted elsewhere and someone provided you with the US guidelines.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 PM

yes I know....

sigh...

Old 03-17-2007, 05:41 PM

500 posts, read 2,859,221 times
It's not easy, but it can be done. Easiest way (other than marrying an American citizen) is to find a job and have the company sponsor your visa.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
Ok, in all honesty, working legally in the USA is completely overrated. For example if you want to work legally here you can shell out something along the lines of $500,000 in order to setup a private business and then you just might get a green card. You could also do the whole have your company sponsor your visa, but that is also unlikely to happen.

The easiest way to get this done? Come to the USA, find a random job, and then just overstay your visa. No one really cares. The INS is too busy with the Mexicans to be worried about illegal Europeans. The local police don't arrest anyone for being in this country illegally. When you've tired of the USA, just pack up your belongings and move home, no questions asked. America doesn't even have customs for people leaving the country (which is actually quite strange in my opinion), so you can't be arrested this way. Otherwise you could try to meet an American man/woman, fall in love, and do the whole husband/wife visa.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Smile mead

Hello, this is for mead,

I believe in what you wrote, what's INS??

And is NYC the best place you advice me to find a job and to stay in??

Thanks

Matt

Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Default mead

This is what somebody wrote for me in another forum:

take a look and tell me what you think please.

The Mexicans have nothing to lose, they don't plan on ever owning anything or starting a business. Their just here sending money back home like a bunch of bums or beggars working for nothing. This guy may want to live in America and make a nice life for himself. Get married, have a family, own a business and so on. He should for his own good, go about it the right way. They are sending people back right now who have been her for years have families homes and so on who have been here illegally.

Who wants that crap hanging over your head if you get caught, everyday waking up with a Lexus sitting in the driveway hoping you don't get caught and deported and lose everything you have worked so hard for. The Mexicans don't even count, they are just a bunch of cockroaches when you are talking about someone coming here legally looking for a new life. Few illegals, other then maybe drug dealers, will even have a pot to **** in, they are kidding themselves.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 AM

500 posts, read 2,859,221 times
The INS doesn't exist anymore. It is now the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services).

If you listen too much to Mead's bigoted speech, you'll find yourself coming to America to join the Aryan Brotherhood and get rid of all those inferior colored persons to ensure white supremacy.

Look elsewhere, Matts.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:38 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
Oh give me a break lol. I actually know a decent number of illegal immigrants in the NYC area who are from Europe.

Well if you would object to him doing this, do you also object to all of the illegal Mexican, South American, Carribean, Chinese, South Korean, Indian, and Arab immigrants in the city?

What I wrote is true though. There is really no control over the borders today. If someone wants to come here and work illegally it is not very difficult to do so. Do I object to this? Of course I do, but until the government decides to fix this, I don't think that only Europeans should be discouraged or prevented from coming to the USA illegally, as seems to be the current situation.

I do think NYC is probably the best area for a recent immigrant to move to. Of course I might be biased since i am originally from this area.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
The idea of marrying an American is not working these days. My brother married a Dutch women--it took them more than 3 years to get a visa and she had to return to Holland and then re-enter the States.

She overstayed her F2 visa.

So, i suggest legal or nothing. And btw, New York and the US ain't necessarily better than Italy.

I love Sicily and wouldn't mind living in Tuscany or Firenze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
It's not easy, but it can be done. Easiest way (other than marrying an American citizen) is to find a job and have the company sponsor your visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City