U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM

2,005 posts, read 4,272,823 times

Advertisements

At the parks I play ball at the overwhelming majority of people under 18 are Oriental. Almost everyone older than 25 is some other ethnicity usually Hispanic or some minority European ethnicity. The two groups seem to get along well enough. All things considered American culture is Oriental in nature with it's fixation on materialism, acceptance of all sorts of vice and exploitation as freedom. To the credit of the Asians their culture includes a devotion to family which is a positive among the selfish and individualistic Americans. I'm not sure if their presence is a bad thing or good thing; what is sure is that change will happen. There are billions of these people in Asia so they have the potential of inundating and converting most of Queens into an outpost of Oriental culture. With their number back home they have the potential to inundate and demographically dominate any area.

It seems that all things Oriental have the potential to move in, reproduce, out number and then take over the native species. The common thread is "Crowds out native species". You can find similar stories with fish, beetles and now working class neighborhoods. Now you know how the native Catfish feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknew123 View Post
I am a resident of Rego Park and quite familiar with surrounding areas including, Jackson Height, Maspeth, Forest Hills, Flushing, Middle Village, etc.
It is quite disturbing to see that we are getting inundated with a WAVE of Chinese migration that has not been seen ANYWHERE in the world. The neighborhoods are being literally invaded by those newcomers. I keep seeing entire building being settled by them and to compliment it all, new construction "popping-up" with flimsy workmanship being errected with 100% Chinese ownership. Single and double family homes are also sold to them - you can see the ugly metal door cages they install for protection. Forest Hills Gardens is also effected with natives running for "cover" by selling asap. Some of the streets in the morning are 100% Chinatown-like. Believe it or not, its amazing to see Queens degenerating into this Asian hell. Overcrowding, lack of aesthetics, lack of culture and just plain degradation of quality of life is threatening to make Queens into a social experiment that is out of control. Schools no longer cater to teach social values or arts but are overcrowded with ambitious Asian children that promote mindless competition with Confuscian obedience and test-taking preparation. Chinese values are not about being smart but to get ahead at any cost. At the same time there is lack of zoning enforcement with Queens being eaten by Mall-building and lack of space. With all the construction there is a threatening lack of space for recreation or greenery.

Last edited by samyn on the green; 09-08-2010 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 AM

27 posts, read 58,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
At the parks I play ball at the overwhelming majority of people under 18 are Oriental. Almost everyone older than 25 is some other ethnicity usually Hispanic or some minority European ethnicity. The two groups seem to get along well enough. All things considered American culture is Oriental in nature with it's fixation on materialism, acceptance of all sorts of vice and exploitation as freedom. To the credit of the Asians their culture includes a devotion to family which is a positive among the selfish and individualistic Americans. I'm not sure if their presence is a bad thing or good thing; what is sure is that change will happen. There are billions of these people in Asia so they have the potential of inundating and converting most of Queens into an outpost of Oriental culture. With their number back home they have the potential to inundate and demographically dominate any area.

It seems that all things Oriental have the potential to move in, reproduce, out number and then take over the native species. The common thread is "Crowds out native species". You can find similar stories with fish, beetles and now working class neighborhoods. Now you know how the native Catfish feel.
I am not so sure about Americans being overly materialistic or selfish. I tend to disagree strongly with this statement. Have you ever been outside of NYC where there Americans are still a majority ? I have traveled all over the world and have never seen any population that is so caring for others than your average American. Yes, there are bad "apples" but nowhere near as bad as I have seen in other countries where nationalism, xenophobia and lawlessness knows no bounds. If you have been to anywhere outside ghetto or an overpopulated immigrant communities of large cities, you would see a lot of caring and unselfish people. Go to any small New England town, even in upstate NY. Americans traditionally care about the community they live-in and have created more charitable organizations than anyone can imagine. If you ever been is some other places of the world, some even will not pave a road if its outside of their domain.Perhaps you are confusing capitalist economic system with personal behavior ? Asians tend NOT to care about anyone outside their family due to historical lack of democratic government and stable society which provided communal employment or safety - perhaps only in Japan. Asians and most other newcomers have no respect for anything but a short-term vision of personal enrichment. They tend to disregard or break any laws if opportunity is there. They will dump garbage, create unnecessary business zones, corrupt officials for permits, buy entrance school exams,etc.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Thanks for the reply, I can't beleive that Maspeth is full of Asians and Hispanics! It was a predominantly Polish area while I gre up there. I have nothing against them, please don't get me wrong, but I just can't picture it. I can't picture the iron gates either, what a shame. And traffic? I guess my memory is still in the 70's.

ITS NOT FULL OF HISPANICS AND ASIANS! he lived in ridgewood, he doesnt know what hes talking about. maspeth is still wonderful and majorly white :]

Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe l View Post
example of what now sits where a 1 family home with a front and back yard with trees once stood by juniper valley
"work barricks"

koreans bought this property where a beautyfull house and pines once stood. They bulldozed everything in a week
looks like a bomb shelter going up ?

8534 grand ave

82nd street mv

ill stop here and spare you

lol none of those pictures are of maspeth smart one!!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDEE2 View Post
I live on Long Island now,just moved from Maspeth about 1 year ago and can never go back, soo bad. I always wanted to stay and raise my children there but no way. I'm about the same age as you, wonder if I know you?

and why was it so bad? its people like you who should be blamed if the neighborhood goes bad

Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM

549 posts, read 1,717,787 times
It never ceases to amaze me when I see white people from the outer boroughs (of which I am one) leave the old neighborhood--and then complain that the old neighborhood is no longer white. Huh? I also don't think the (mostly) hard-working immigrants who replace the whites who fled the area deserve the be maligned: they populated the neighborhoods others fled, and keep them from becoming abandoned wastelands.....

Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,633,154 times
"Americans traditionally care about the community they live-in and have created more charitable organizations than anyone can imagine."

More large international charities were started in Europe, specifically Britain, than in America.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me when I see white people from the outer boroughs (of which I am one) leave the old neighborhood--and then complain that the old neighborhood is no longer white. Huh? I also don't think the (mostly) hard-working immigrants who replace the whites who fled the area deserve the be maligned: they populated the neighborhoods others fled, and keep them from becoming abandoned wastelands.....

Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 3,210 times
the end is coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City