U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM

7,897 posts, read 13,727,795 times

Advertisements

I lived in in one of the worst blocks in Wash Heights during the Crack era. So excuse me if I don't think what goes on over there now is a big deal in comparison. It just isn't.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Do they extort money from the locals?

Are they terrorizing the locals?

How many innocent murder victims have been claimed?

Are they just dealing drugs?

Just curious what are dominican gangs are notorious for?
They cause more problems amongst the youth and in high schools more than anything. In the past they have been very successful at recruiting FOB Dominican kids who get picked on or kids who generally are susceptible to this type of thing.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM

5,095 posts, read 11,783,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
And just because you see it in one area doesn't mean it's in the WHOLE area.

That's hardly "a lot of" the neighborhood.

I'd never argue that the Heights and Inwood don't have crime issues, but I just don't think it's as bleak as you paint it.

You see this gets me upset. You have no idea, so dont speak. I repeat there are TRINITARIOS ALL OVER WASHINGTON HEIGHTS. You're assuming they were only in those four blocks, but I know they are everywhere. They're are powerful sets on 159th, 181st and Dyckman. I know enough Trinis to know that its throughout. SO your statement is INVALID.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
We're all shocked. They busted a Dominican gang in a Dominican neighborhood. How could this happen?!
They busted 40 members of dangerous gang involved in heavy drug trafficking in a neighborhood you say is safe.

Why do you write it like it's no big deal? Like they arrests drug crews like this daily. This is the type of busts that used to occur during the crack era. The NYPD tought they were rid of these types of gangs for the most part.

SMH.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Do they extort money from the locals?

Are they terrorizing the locals?

How many innocent murder victims have been claimed?

Are they just dealing drugs?

Just curious what are dominican gangs are notorious for?
Dominican gangs claimed the lives of hundreds of peoples lives back during the crack era. They smuggled drugs in from the Dominican Republic and brought them to Washington Heights in which they supplied the whole city and the north east with.

Los Papi chulos, Jherri Curls, Dominican power, La Compania etc were very dangerous gangs.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,502,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
You see this gets me upset. You have no idea, so dont speak. I repeat there are TRINITARIOS ALL OVER WASHINGTON HEIGHTS. You're assuming they were only in those four blocks, but I know they are everywhere. They're are powerful sets on 159th, 181st and Dyckman. I know enough Trinis to know that its throughout. SO your statement is INVALID.
Actually, having lived there -- I DO have an idea, and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
They busted 40 members of dangerous gang involved in heavy drug trafficking in a neighborhood you say is safe.

Why do you write it like it's no big deal? Like they arrests drug crews like this daily. This is the type of busts that used to occur during the crack era. The NYPD tought they were rid of these types of gangs for the most part.

SMH.
NYPD was fine with it as long as they were involved in petty stuff. These guys were starting to get a little too big and more sophisticated, hence why they stepped in.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Dominican gangs claimed the lives of hundreds of peoples lives back during the crack era. They smuggled drugs in from the Dominican Republic and brought them to Washington Heights in which they supplied the whole city and the north east with.

Los Papi chulos, Jherri Curls, Dominican power, La Compania etc were very dangerous gangs.
I think Chutzpah was asking about current gangs not Crack era drug dealing sets.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
Actually, having lived there -- I DO have an idea, and I'm just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Thanks.
Really? And you know what to look for right. You know how a Trinitario looks? You hung out with them I presume?

I repeat, if you don't know what you're talking about dont say anything. If

I wasn't 100% sure that there are Trinis everywhere in the heights, I wouldn't be saying this.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I think Chutzpah was asking about current gangs not Crack era drug dealing sets.
Same thing really. Less homicides because there is less competition but they still murder people and smuggle drugs into the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City