U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 PM

2,005 posts, read 4,277,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Does this mean they MTA will have the resources to clean up all the urine which gets spilled onto its subway cars?
No way will the urine smells subside. The system is going back to the urban jungle period of the 70's-90's. There will be a plethora of bodily odors at every turn down there as everything is neglected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 12:20 AM

16 posts, read 44,438 times
idk man, as a college student, raising the price is a lot for me.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:14 AM

6,979 posts, read 15,145,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
No way will the urine smells subside. The system is going back to the urban jungle period of the 70's-90's. There will be a plethora of bodily odors at every turn down there as everything is neglected.
You forgot the best part of that time period. When stick up kids would walk through the cars robbing everyone.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Does this mean they MTA will have the resources to clean up all the urine which gets spilled onto its subway cars?
OK, listen, you're not going to like this, but I'm telling you anyway. As a tower operator with MTA who worked for five and a half years as a conductor, I can say from experience that the vast majority (translation: virtually all) of the people who b*tch and moan about this never, and I mean NEVER, make official complaints to MTA. They may say something to the train crews, and certainly on sites like C-D, but never put complaints in writing to the power-that-be (MTA headquarters are at 2 Broadway, if you're interested).

MTA is a strange organization, in that it has the capability to get amazing things done...when it wants to. I will guarantee you that if enough people complained about some of their more disgusting fellow straphangers, something would be done.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM

106 posts, read 323,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
OK, listen, you're not going to like this, but I'm telling you anyway. As a tower operator with MTA who worked for five and a half years as a conductor, I can say from experience that the vast majority (translation: virtually all) of the people who b*tch and moan about this never, and I mean NEVER, make official complaints to MTA. They may say something to the train crews, and certainly on sites like C-D, but never put complaints in writing to the power-that-be (MTA headquarters are at 2 Broadway, if you're interested).

MTA is a strange organization, in that it has the capability to get amazing things done...when it wants to. I will guarantee you that if enough people complained about some of their more disgusting fellow straphangers, something would be done.
They're so amazing that they were genius enough to partake in risky bonds and lose millions. SIMPLY AMAZING!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy2 View Post
They're so amazing that they were genius enough to partake in risky bonds and lose millions. SIMPLY AMAZING!
I think my Sarcasm Alarm just went off!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 AM

106 posts, read 323,688 times
Quote:

Quote:
I think my Sarcasm Alarm just went off!
Sorry Fred, I never meant to be rude. My anger towards this whole situation got the best of me.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:13 PM

Didn't take it as rudeness! As far as financial losses go, MTA got hit as hard as anyone else. That's one thing they can't be faulted for.

But I did mean what I said about making complaints directly to them. For a change, there's an actual transit professional (Lee Sander) in charge. If enough complaints about disgusting behavior land on his desk, I do believe something will be done.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,135,761 times
Quote:
Didn't take it as rudeness! As far as financial losses go, MTA got hit as hard as anyone else. That's one thing they can't be faulted for.

But I did mean what I said about making complaints directly to them. For a change, there's an actual transit professional (Lee Sander) in charge. If enough complaints about disgusting behavior land on his desk, I do believe something will be done.
Oh boy, do I have some complaints...

Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Oh boy, do I have some complaints...
Everybody has complaints. New York is the complaining capital of the United States, after all! But I believe you know what I meant: there are legitimate, genuine complaints, and then there's unjustified venting. (As I've said in other threads, I got to know the difference while I was a conductor. The latter is never appreciated. Nor acted upon, for that matter).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City