U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
 
876 posts, read 1,317,285 times
Reputation: 359

Advertisements

I see people here posting that we might have a class in sept. I can tell you that there is no chance of a class this year and with all the people retiring hopefully they wont have layoffs in june 2010. Cutting cleaning is part of the game they are playing just so they dont have to give charts and since they arent giving charts there is no need of another class. From my sources they want to go at least 500 under head count. If that is the case they wont hire for at least 3 years until the class of 93 retires. For the guys on the job dont you notice how many trucks you lost when you lost rear end loaders for recycling. It is nice to see how many districts ate up the work and gave nothing back, keep up the hard work. Everything you get you all deserve.

 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
 
876 posts, read 1,317,285 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
easy, last i heard the city was still surplus 150 guys a day...
That is with the cuts in cleaning. Dont forget when the winter comes and not so many people are on vac and going xwp how much surplus there is going to be.
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 977,720 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
well i guess cops is like every other union job the more you do the more they want from you lol so they try to do less IDK im not a cop....I do know how true it is when you say cop in trouble they are there in 10 seconds....one day my friends father was off duty these old guys were messing with us we were like 14 years old he comes running out with his badge n gun n cuffs lmao tells his wife call cops n give them my id number tell them cop in trouble...two black undercover vans ran up on the curb at like 50 MPH jumped out of the van like WW2 lol all in about 1min.......
Ahhh the 10-13 officer needs assistance radio code....every cop stops what they are doing whether its writing a summons or eating lunch and jumps into action. I remember when those 2 undercover narcotics cops were shot on staten island on an illegal gun buy the verrazano bridge was lit up in a trail of red and blue lights...i think every cop from brooklyn flew over here. I counted 6 helicopters in the air that night.

When the supervisor asks u to help out the out of towners who are running behind you go gee i dunno man...our route is kinda heavy too today....we'll get to it if we have time lol....ehh it depends on who the forman is...most foreman ill help out because they are good people
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 PM
 
360 posts, read 471,177 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I see people here posting that we might have a class in sept. I can tell you that there is no chance of a class this year and with all the people retiring hopefully they wont have layoffs in june 2010. Cutting cleaning is part of the game they are playing just so they dont have to give charts and since they arent giving charts there is no need of another class. From my sources they want to go at least 500 under head count. If that is the case they wont hire for at least 3 years until the class of 93 retires. For the guys on the job dont you notice how many trucks you lost when you lost rear end loaders for recycling. It is nice to see how many districts ate up the work and gave nothing back, keep up the hard work. Everything you get you all deserve.

With this list ending in 29 months does that mean you believe there will be no more classes from this list then..? 3 years this list expires...
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM
 
876 posts, read 1,317,285 times
Reputation: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
With this list ending in 29 months does that mean you believe there will be no more classes from this list then..? 3 years this list expires...
I think they are currently on a hiring freeze and if that is the case i also believe the list gets frozen but that i dont know.
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 977,720 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I think they are currently on a hiring freeze and if that is the case i also believe the list gets frozen but that i dont know.
I dunno I think the mayor will announce if there is a hiring freeze. Other than that, the city hires according to the dept's needs. As we both know with all the surplus we technically don't need new hires. We both obviously would love for people to get hired but its not up to us really. Unless you are in a running garage and get everyone to not dump and create relay jobs..
 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
 
372 posts, read 574,280 times
Reputation: 35
there not gonna hire at my garage it is business as usual im sure at other districts as well...and as far as the cleaning cuts i heard cleaning goes back into the numbers in sept....i really dont know why the union cant tell listen guys stay the hell out n dont dump and play by the union rules one up one down one bag in each hand take ur breaks n lunch dont know y the union just cant tell us slow the hell down....cuz we got morons on this job that are like hey man they cant touch us many people are either dumb or in denial...or maybe both lol
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 977,720 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
there not gonna hire at my garage it is business as usual im sure at other districts as well...and as far as the cleaning cuts i heard cleaning goes back into the numbers in sept....i really dont know why the union cant tell listen guys stay the hell out n dont dump and play by the union rules one up one down one bag in each hand take ur breaks n lunch dont know y the union just cant tell us slow the hell down....cuz we got morons on this job that are like hey man they cant touch us many people are either dumb or in denial...or maybe both lol
because playing cards > junior man's career.
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
 
360 posts, read 471,177 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
I dunno I think the mayor will announce if there is a hiring freeze. Other than that, the city hires according to the dept's needs. As we both know with all the surplus we technically don't need new hires. We both obviously would love for people to get hired but its not up to us really. Unless you are in a running garage and get everyone to not dump and create relay jobs..



Is there a def freeze...? thek you know for fact cause if we are on a freeze i would feel better at least cause then i could see what exaclty RETIRED SANMAN said... if there was to be a freeze the list when starting to hire would sky rocket... and hey reading the weather reports they are saying we are in for a bad winter so hopefully white gold for most you guys and then most will retire hopefully .....
 
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
 
Location: staten island
655 posts, read 977,720 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
Is there a def freeze...? thek you know for fact cause if we are on a freeze i would feel better at least cause then i could see what exaclty RETIRED SANMAN said... if there was to be a freeze the list when starting to hire would sky rocket... and hey reading the weather reports they are saying we are in for a bad winter so hopefully white gold for most you guys and then most will retire hopefully .....
like I said, the dept only hires according to it's needs. If there is a hiring freeze that means the department needs to hire people but the city froze the list. as far as I know the dept does not currently need to hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top