Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 11:45 AM

192 posts, read 401,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
if a $5 incentive is the reason behind dumping and not dumping that guy is a moron lol now they want you to dump a split on shift by the time the route is done and you dump fuel up and get back into the garage you have wat 2 hours left? what did u gain if you didnt take lunch or your two breaks lol things will not change when u got guys with 15 plus years still on ruining the job there used to there old ways and could care less what they leave behind as long as there happy....its alot easier for guys with time on the job to lead by example then guys with one two years on...yeh i could stay out all day and do the right thing but one guy out of 93 lol guys are gonna just say wow hes lazy
Citywide there are more guys with 10 and less years then there are with 10 plus. Keep that in mind when you wonder who's running things. Especially when you consider recycling which is predominately juniors.

People have to consider the big picture when they think about these topics. There can be a million motivations for Harry agreeing to an incentive for us dumping both sides. Harry and his predecessors never advocated running or dumping. He has to at least appear to be playing on both sides of the fence when in negotiations. Him accepting this incentive could put him in good light. He has to appear that he is trying. If the city is willing to offer an incentive now and get some response there is motivation to offer more. These deals open the door but that does not mean that we have to give our selves away. This topic in particular is a joke. Like I've said before if your motivated to run yourself sick 5 days a week doing the job of 2 people for net worth of $35 and expect to survive you are brain dead. Nobody said the economic situation will be right for juniors when their 20 is up. Life is something else all together different then this deceptive retirement deal we have. Oh! 20 and out! This is great! If you get on when your 30, be 50 when your time is up and most likely stay at least 3 more. What shape do you expect to be in? These are the best years of your life. Do you want to be running harder THEN?

Guys always look at the now. At today. The deal they can cut today. You should be looking at the deal you can cut for the next 20 years.

IT'S AN 8 HOUR JOB. BE SAFE.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM

200 posts, read 576,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
if a $5 incentive is the reason behind dumping and not dumping that guy is a moron lol now they want you to dump a split on shift by the time the route is done and you dump fuel up and get back into the garage you have wat 2 hours left? what did u gain if you didnt take lunch or your two breaks lol things will not change when u got guys with 15 plus years still on ruining the job there used to there old ways and could care less what they leave behind as long as there happy....its alot easier for guys with time on the job to lead by example then guys with one two years on...yeh i could stay out all day and do the right thing but one guy out of 93 lol guys are gonna just say wow hes lazy
I agree with most of what you said but there are a lot of guys with 5 years or less running to the the dump in those running districts. On
recycling I see guys with no time on the job doing 2 sides at a time.
All it takes is one guy to stand up in your district and say enough is enough and the others will follow. You are not alone with your beliefs in your district.
Its up to you junior guys to start running the show and slow down everyone with 20 years or 1 year. Its your future, its your job and its your right to not run if you don't want to. If they say you are lazy, you say your not lazy, your smart and your protecting your job.
Now go get em.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:21 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
What do you guys think if they raise the minimum age to retire at 50 or even 55 yrs old? and leave the pension at 20 yrs. 62 is way too high for this kind of job. Something has to give about this pension issue in a few months.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:16 PM

36 posts, read 70,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
What do you guys think if they raise the minimum age to retire at 50 or even 55 yrs old? .
that would have sucked for me, i started when i was 21.........

Old 06-13-2009, 05:21 PM

289 posts, read 746,120 times
Default Your safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashmanNYC View Post
that would have sucked for me, i started when i was 21.........
I DON'T BELIEVE THEY CAN DO THAT ,ENJOY RETIREMENT AT 41 YEAR'S YOUNG , I RETIRED AT 48 YEAR'S YOUNG I DID 21 YEAR'S LIFE IS GREAT.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Default Teir 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
What do you guys think if they raise the minimum age to retire at 50 or even 55 yrs old? and leave the pension at 20 yrs. 62 is way too high for this kind of job. Something has to give about this pension issue in a few months.
62 is not the suggested Tier 5 retirement age for us. That will be for all non-uniform. Uniform forces will be 25/50. So ideally getting on when you are 25 and doing 25 years only. The things you have read about Tier 5 in the Daily News was really about the state unions and they were bargaining for non-uniform.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM

156 posts, read 370,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
62 is not the suggested Tier 5 retirement age for us. That will be for all non-uniform. Uniform forces will be 25/50. So ideally getting on when you are 25 and doing 25 years only. The things you have read about Tier 5 in the Daily News was really about the state unions and they were bargaining for non-uniform.
I wonder if that Tier 5-like agreement between the state unions and Gov. Paterson will make it even harder for Nespoli and the MLC to hold out on Tier 5 for city unions much longer...now that the state unions have agreed to it, Bloomberg seems more emboldened than ever on getting Tier 5 for us...new hires would have to do at least 25 years, and if you're 25 or younger you're looking at closer to 30 years...the way this job is going, that's insane

I've always thought that Bloomberg's battle for Tier 5 would be the defining issue on whether or not there are layoffs for us, so I'm definitely following it pretty closely...I mean the unions gave back a couple hundred million in health care savings, and what did that buy? only a 3 month postponement of layoffs to talk some more? but still, I really feel for any new hires if Tier 5 eventually goes through

Old 06-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
but still, I really feel for any new hires if Tier 5 eventually goes through
the job will be horrible for any new hires if that happens...........the quality of civil service would be gone........nobody is gonna want the jobs anymore.....

Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
I wonder if that Tier 5-like agreement between the state unions and Gov. Paterson will make it even harder for Nespoli and the MLC to hold out on Tier 5 for city unions much longer...now that the state unions have agreed to it, Bloomberg seems more emboldened than ever on getting Tier 5 for us...new hires would have to do at least 25 years, and if you're 25 or younger you're looking at closer to 30 years...the way this job is going, that's insane

I've always thought that Bloomberg's battle for Tier 5 would be the defining issue on whether or not there are layoffs for us, so I'm definitely following it pretty closely...I mean the unions gave back a couple hundred million in health care savings, and what did that buy? only a 3 month postponement of layoffs to talk some more? but still, I really feel for any new hires if Tier 5 eventually goes through
I'm hoping that there will be some kind of compromise. Maybe it will be 25/50 but overtime will not be capped. It's already kind of capped in Tier 4. Maybe you pay the 3% for another 5 years instead of forever. Uniformed forces deserve special treatment. We just compromised on our basic health benefits packages. Not only for us but our retirees, enough is enough.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
It's already kind of capped in Tier 4.
hows that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City