U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 PM

18 posts, read 20,344 times

Advertisements

they are going to be hiring "soon". anyone who went for pre-employment stuff will be hired by next summer . keep your chins up guys , its only a matter of time and the clock is ticking until we get to don the green and start working. keep doing your thing and before you know it youll get the notice in the mail =]

Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 AM

118 posts, read 166,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the waiting game View Post
they are going to be hiring "soon". anyone who went for pre-employment stuff will be hired by next summer . keep your chins up guys , its only a matter of time and the clock is ticking until we get to don the green and start working. keep doing your thing and before you know it youll get the notice in the mail =]

let's just hope we're not under tier 5. I'd rather wait another year and be under tier 4.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM

53 posts, read 64,489 times
how do you know they are going to be hiring soon?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 PM

200 posts, read 392,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
let's just hope we're not under tier 5. I'd rather wait another year and be under tier 4.
If and when they go to tier 5, there will be no going back to tier 4

Old 06-18-2009, 01:41 PM

655 posts, read 970,328 times
so there was a union meeting yesterday...anyone hear anything? 1 of the shop stewards was chart today so they are gonna tell us about the meeting tomorrow at roll call

Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 PM

253 posts, read 356,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the waiting game View Post
I dont know if there is anything to back this statement up. But it made me feel better...

Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM

372 posts, read 569,043 times
soon lol i don't know about that maybe the summer of 2010...and if they hire before that , i will be surprised...more with less thats why they offered this double dump money for the splits its all a ploy to get you to dump on shift and take a job away...they want us to beat ourselves...if you dump that split on shift you are getting what about 60 bucks a week??? after taxes $30 starting pay for a san man a week $600 a week w/o benefits and all the other stuff you that sanman that just dumped on shift saved the city over $600 for the week and kept future hires from being hired and junior men on the job now get stuck doing baskets or handbroom....when will people smarten up...I know the shop stewards cant tell you what to do but they should tell you the consequences of your actions and give you an idea of what is the right thing to do....

Old 06-18-2009, 05:18 PM

152 posts, read 253,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
so there was a union meeting yesterday...anyone hear anything? 1 of the shop stewards was chart today so they are gonna tell us about the meeting tomorrow at roll call
Kuai please post up what you hear about the meeting

Old 06-18-2009, 06:46 PM

192 posts, read 266,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
Kuai please post up what you hear about the meeting
The meeting was pretty standard. Basically STOP RUNNING THE JOB AWAY. Doherty is cutting cleaning in a big way as of July 1st. You could be expected to fill in the gaps if you don't protect your route. We could be 1,000 over with the baskets and MLP cuts. All those Garages that are in sitting on their rears will be exposed to more work. Doherty plans on lowering our headcount through attrition. This sounds like "hiring" is going to take a backseat. They want to lower our general headcount through cuts in trucks and cleaning. Do the Math.

STAY OUT. IT'S AN 8 HOUR JOB.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:48 PM

655 posts, read 970,328 times
i don't get it...if they cut cleaning, what will they do will the extra men? Bloomberg said no lay offs for at least 3 months due to health benefit concessions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City