Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 AM

372 posts, read 830,116 times

Advertisements

in running districts there gonna make you go out n do the cleaning after your route....so when we fall under head count doherty can say hey look we can go under head count and still get cleaning done but i have no idea what the other 1000 guys are goin to do????.....think of this scenario making all routes half to MLP(half truck money)so say your district usually runs 10 trucks on a monday now they run 20 cut the routes in half give 4 guys 1/2 truck money n then send you back out on cleaning.....I CANT IMAGINE WHAT THIS JOB IS GONNA BE LIKE TEN YEARS FROM NOW...I gotta get out of here lol

Old 06-19-2009, 08:27 AM

36 posts, read 70,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
I CANT IMAGINE WHAT THIS JOB IS GONNA BE LIKE TEN YEARS FROM NOW...I gotta get out of here lol
good thing my time will be almost up by then........

Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM

53 posts, read 103,632 times
Default Dsny

Quote:
I CANT IMAGINE WHAT THIS JOB IS GONNA BE LIKE TEN YEARS FROM NOW...I gotta get out of here lol
yeah hopefully ill be off the job way before that

Last edited by QCFrankC; 06-19-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: adding something

Old 06-19-2009, 12:44 PM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post

I keep hearing that if you don't want to do capacity load and stay out then you have to justify it by having weght on the truck.
What I don't understand is if I am given a route and the people did not put out their garbage, How does this become my problem????
That's just it.
Its not your problem, and if the route is light because people didn't put out the garbage you can stay out all day with that light weight and not dump just as long as you finish the route.
Like I said before, all you have to do is a normal days work or weight. No more!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 PM

192 posts, read 401,272 times
Quote:
in running districts there gonna make you go out n do the cleaning after your route....so when we fall under head count doherty can say hey look we can go under head count and still get cleaning done but i have no idea what the other 1000 guys are goin to do????.....think of this scenario making all routes half to MLP(half truck money)so say your district usually runs 10 trucks on a monday now they run 20 cut the routes in half give 4 guys 1/2 truck money n then send you back out on cleaning.....I CANT IMAGINE WHAT THIS JOB IS GONNA BE LIKE TEN YEARS FROM NOW...I gotta get out of here lol
It's not that simple.....They know the scenario and they are not going to just cut every truck in half. But those 6-8 tonners dumped for several years before lunch.... We'll wait and see. They know not to just go for the throat and anger everyone at once.....

Old 06-19-2009, 02:55 PM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Quote:
Crazy scenario, but just say that does happen.
You just stay out all day with the half (you cant be told how fast to work, just get the job done) and there is no time for mlp. It can be done.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:35 PM

16 posts, read 55,898 times
Quote:
wouldnt work...... would cost more

1/2 truck is 5 hours truck money

so say for instance you say 10 truck on a monday

2 guys = 16 hours truck money x 10 trucks = 160 hours truck money

now if they were all 1/2 trucks

2 guys = 10 hours truck money x 20 trucks = 200 hours truck money

so would cost them more

Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM

121 posts, read 249,882 times
If and when the shugar hits the fan,remember that no one wearing a badge(supv/super/etc)is your friend. If they ask for your cell number,don't give it. If they have it already,don't answer it. Make them get off their behind and do their job. Come out and pay you a visit out on the route. Are you gonna finish? Tell em you're not sure,let them drive around and figure it out. Your job isn't to let them figure out if the route will be cleaned,let alone dumped. If these threatened changes occur,things will get nasty,especially for junior men on probation or not familiar with how things go when the bosses aren't too happy. Just remember to play it by the book when things get nasty. Watch your timeframes,follow routes in order,be in correct uniform,etc. Get caught goofing around,taking unscheduled breaks etc, and you will find out what a DS249 is. Or you will be threatened to clean,dump etc in order to avoid getting banged.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 PM

364 posts, read 739,209 times
Default Stop Slugging

If you dumped a 7 ton route before lunch!!!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!!!!!!!! When you laughed at me for working in a heavy district. Jokes on you!!!!!!!!!! Now you want me to change to help you. Sanitation Salute (shoulder shrug) cant help you. Every action has a reaction. Guess what? You reap what you sow. lol My district will not change for better or worse. I am supposed to feel sorry for everyone that gets more work put on their 7 ton route . lol lmfao!!!!!!!!!!! I did not make the job I just continued it.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:21 PM

372 posts, read 830,116 times
7tons of walking is alot harder then 7tons of bag stops....any other thing was brought to my attention about this double dump non sense for the splits the city mite want to see who dumps on shift and see how many guys can be cut from relays there for maybe layoffs?????my garage was told by our shop stewards to not dump the splits on shift....doesnt mean guys will listen but hopefully they will....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City