Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 PM

121 posts, read 249,882 times

Advertisements

Sorry. Got cut off by a junior RO-RO today,didn't even acknowledge their mistake. So there!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM

243 posts, read 681,969 times
how do they go about freezing the list ? what are the requirements ?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:40 PM

335 posts, read 747,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDriver View Post
Bottom line, as per contract, like it or not, we are mandated to not only clean established routes, but to maintain the pip. 10.7 tons right? Personally, I voted NO on the last contract. Despite the financial incentives,the dump money was a bad idea. As was the RO-RO pay incentive. Sets a precedent to cut the work force. And I think RO-RO should be STRAIGHT SENIORITY. Yes I think every san worker who was about to retire but couldn't should be able to transfer to RO-RO.bounce the junior pukes out,and make the 85 bucks a day for hooking up containers. Some spots might open up for those waiting to get on DSNY once those displaced people find out they might have to actually pick up garbage. Maybe they'll quit!
I was reading the contracts for San Wkr not to long ago and those incentives are pretty nice.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM

36 posts, read 70,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCFrankC View Post
once they cyt the 11-7 basket truck...
it wont last long........its been tried before and it lasted like 2 weeks........the baskets in my district fill up in like an hour or two........it will be a disaster........
just like when they went to every other week recycling pickup, it lasted like a month............

Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM

36 posts, read 70,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDriver View Post
Sorry. Got cut off by a junior RO-RO today,didn't even acknowledge their mistake. So there!
they make more $$ and then they want priority at the dump too.......

Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 PM

372 posts, read 830,116 times
yeh but now you mite start seeing half routes to baskets and maybe a basket truck during the day...what the hell is every district going to do with there surplus so if there are no nights there will be no going out of town for the dayline so what the hell are we supposed to do if there is no cleaning im so confused... well 11-7 is def cut for now i think...so if they put u on baskets u should not finish walk the route dont ride a step and sweep n shovel high ends etc.....cycle the hopper every 2-3 baskets....and all collection should stay out.....so there could be night guys to dump the trucks and if they dont wanna put us there maybe they will pay some OT to people.....If the city wants to play hard ball why arent we playing hard ball back we make this job the rules are in our favor boys we should really stick it to them....we spoiled them for along time now and now they wanna screw us so now i think we should look in the mirror and see what were turning this job into....

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Default Question

Is it true that after 3 years you become a civil servant?
Also is it less likely to get layed off if you are a civil serant?
Also does anyone know how many people are retiring this year?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Is it true that after 3 years you become a civil servant?
Also is it less likely to get layed off if you are a civil serant?
Also does anyone know how many people are retiring this year?

someone told me u are not considered a permanent worker until u hit top pay

Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM

156 posts, read 370,143 times
obviously during some of these "big union meetings" guys had an idea of the truck cuts, major cleaning cuts, etc. that were headed our way as of July 1st, and it's even been talked about for a while on this forum...but did any of those stewards ever think to ask what they plan on doing with all the extra guys once it actually happens? with all the cleaning cuts there will be literally almost nothing left to do for all the guys that are over...and I thought it was bad when we'd be really over before and I saw guys pulling weeds from malls, spending the whole day cleaning the garage parking lot, etc., I can only imagine what it's gonna be like with the surplus now

Old 06-30-2009, 02:25 AM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
And here we have the city's evil little plan all falling right into place.
Now everyone is talking about (not just here in the forum) what are they going to do with us over people, they are cutting basket trucks they are cutting collection trucks and so on. Just over two years ago when they gave us that dump money and everyone started to run and the districts that already ran, ran faster and their was no need for relay personnel everyone is claiming they didn't see it coming. Now I can finally say "I TOLD YOU SO". Get ready for the layoffs in 3-6 months because a lot of people who were going to retire lost a lot of money in the stocks and they saw their retirement numbers and they didn't look so good so they are not leaving. I am one who will be staying a little longer. And if you think because its going to be night plow in 5 months so you will be safe guess again. If we are over in the head count every day it wont matter. The city has only so much equipment to man. So when it snows and all the shifts are full and equipment is being used what do they need the rest for. All you runners out there just ran the job into the ground and the city is sitting back rubbing their hands together and saying MUUUUUUHHAAAAAAAAAA.
You all keep asking, what are they going to do with the surplus
I think you're all in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City