U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM

192 posts, read 267,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbweld View Post
Harry said work more like Q8. whats going on in Q8?
Q8 has had GPS for about 2 years and they are under a microscope and are doing an outstanding job. It will be on all of our plates in the future unfortunately....

Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 PM

15 posts, read 19,058 times
At floyd bennet field they told us all DC trucks have GPS, and sanitation just got a raise in their equipment budget for a little over 3.5 million dollars for new trucks. My garage has about 5 DCs on collection, we run about 9 thru 13 trucks for garbage alone. not including recycling. The senior guys are still running it up with the DC trucks. Everything is being documented, senior guys are going to leave the junior men Mod cut: inappropriate languagewhen they are gone! Thanks alot!

Last edited by Viralmd; 07-15-2009 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 PM

655 posts, read 972,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goya197 View Post
At floyd bennet field they told us all DC trucks have GPS, and sanitation just got a raise in their equipment budget for a little over 3.5 million dollars for new trucks. My garage has about 5 DCs on collection, we run about 9 thru 13 trucks for garbage alone. not including recycling. The senior guys are still running it up with the DC trucks. Everything is being documented, senior guys are going to leave the junior men Mod cut: inappropriate languagewhen they are gone! Thanks alot!
I don't know about that. All new dc and cz trucks come with a radio. But if u ever seen a q8 truck you will notice the white dorsal shaped gps antenna on top of the cab. No other garage has those on their trucks.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM

6 posts, read 8,779 times
for those guys that don't believe that people are retiring I have 4 in my garage two are on terminal right now and 1 has onlyt 8 more days, the third has three months. so yes they are going, not as fast as before but they are going.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM

15 posts, read 19,058 times
Who knows what the salary increments are for the new guys

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 PM

389 posts, read 515,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
I don't know about that. All new dc and cz trucks come with a radio. But if u ever seen a q8 truck you will notice the white dorsal shaped gps antenna on top of the cab. No other garage has those on their trucks.
Correct...used to be a hockey puck but it's been upgraded.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 PM

389 posts, read 515,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
Q8 has had GPS for about 2 years and they are under a microscope and are doing an outstanding job. It will be on all of our plates in the future unfortunately....
Q8 always finds a way to stay out till cutoff at least.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 PM

192 posts, read 267,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goya197 View Post
Not to be insulting really but..... what you hear at FBF is just as reliable as what you hear anywhere. I don't know when GPS is coming elsewhere and it might be possible they are monitoring some already. However, early days have been documented for a long time in many places and the game remains the same..... with or without GPS we RUN THE SHOW.

They would also be documenting us running lights, exceeding local speed limits, reversing for entire blocks, deadheading, etc, etc,..... They would be responsible for acting on it immediately.

You'll know when it matters.... I just can't stand the thought after all these years that my day would be scrutinized.... We deserve that elbow room for when we go the extra mile.... It will be good and bad for management because now everybody is under the all seeing eye...

Like Nespoli said, " If it's going to be used to nickel and dime my work force then I don't think it should be used for that".

Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 PM

154 posts, read 198,245 times
A guy from Q8 told me that they might scrap the whole prg... Sometimes they say what were you doing at "xyz" and he was like i have been at "abc". Sometimes its not that on point... plus the gps fins keep getting messed up... This is just what he told me.....

Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 AM

18 posts, read 20,453 times
City Ends Job Freeze After Senate Approves Sales-Tax Increase
New Police Class July 14, EMT, Firefighter Hiring Back on Schedule
By TOMMY HALLISSEY and RICHARD STEIER
"Mayor Bloomberg July 10 rescinded a hiring freeze four days after he instituted it once the State Senate approved a bill increasing the city sales tax by a half-percent that is expected to produce $60 million a month in revenue."

some positive news , as small as it is. keep your heads up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City