Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM

57 posts, read 158,013 times

Advertisements

A Day In The Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2i2kaQ-Hr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK-DaShQcbc

Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,058,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbysgirl23 View Post
Good find Bobbysgirl23! They worked like a gentlemen. Now I know why everybody hates doing recycling. I don't think they will get in trouble for this since one is a supervisor and the other guy is a senior man.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:05 PM

656 posts, read 1,411,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbysgirl23 View Post
hah I know the guy in the 2nd video Kaufman, he transferred to bk15.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:46 PM

53 posts, read 103,582 times
when is the next class getting hired?

Last edited by QCFrankC; 07-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 07-24-2009, 02:07 PM

17 posts, read 33,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Yes, of course but for certain reasons like for not having your CDL Permit, if you don't have your stuff together when they reach your number, you shouldn't get a second chance.
yea i agree. i missed the first two classes but it wasnt for that reason. i got my cdl and all the endorsements before i took test 6063 so that i would already have my cdl in case i got the job. then i moved to the city, got a job driving commercial vehicles for the experience, took the test, placed in the mid 300's on the list, i passed the physical, had all the proper documents ready for when i got called for pre-employment screening, and then like 5 days before i got the letter i moved to a different part of the city but the letter was already in the mail being delivered to my old address. so before the address change took effect in the post office or at dcas, the letter got to my old address. i moved on the wrooooong day and i missed the first class because of it. so i figured i would wait for the letter for the second class. then i heard the second class graduated. i called dcas and asked why i didnt recieve the letter for the second class and they told me that if you miss your first call your number gets frozen and you have to unfreeze it before you can get called again. so i unfroze it. and now here i am with my cdl and all my documents waiting for the third class... i got a good enough score on the test to get called in for the first class, and then i picked the wrong day to move.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM

473 posts, read 931,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Good find Bobbysgirl23! They worked like a gentlemen. Now I know why everybody hates doing recycling. I don't think they will get in trouble for this since one is a supervisor and the other guy is a senior man.
Gentlemen??? I only watched the first minute of the first video. They were doing both sides of the street at the same time!!!! That is Running, Fast or Slow that is Running!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Gentlemen??? I only watched the first minute of the first video. They were doing both sides of the street at the same time!!!! That is Running, Fast or Slow that is Running!!!
Even the districts where they dont dump the routes are runned up because lets face it you arent going to finish 7 to 9 tons of garbage from door to door collection in the time given by working by the rules. This job used to be 6 tons with 3 man truck now it is 10 tons with 2 men come on the city is encouraging you to run. My question is this if someone gets seriously hurt by running a route can they sue the city for this encouragement.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCFrankC View Post
when is the next class getting hired?
Not anytime soon.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 PM

473 posts, read 931,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Even the districts where they dont dump the routes are runned up because lets face it you arent going to finish 7 to 9 tons of garbage from door to door collection in the time given by working by the rules. This job used to be 6 tons with 3 man truck now it is 10 tons with 2 men come on the city is encouraging you to run. My question is this if someone gets seriously hurt by running a route can they sue the city for this encouragement.
I 100% agree. I was just pointing out how the term "working like a gentlemen" is being misused. It's not just here it is everywhere

Old 07-24-2009, 05:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,058,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Oh well, what do I know. They looked like they were taking their time, talking to the camera person, making jokes, etc.

I like the behind the back toss of paper in a clear recycling bag into the hopper, just like a Larry Bird pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.