Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 AM

172 posts, read 448,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv3123 View Post
hi i came on aug 06 and did not receive the raise either at first we were told it was a payroll error but now the business agent says he is not allowed to talk to us about it bottom line we got screwed and this union is a joke!!!
with FD, if you were not at top pay during 04' to 06', you did not get the retro. And you don't get the 3.5 reoponer until you hit top pay! I assume it is the same at DSNY.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM

32 posts, read 171,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
with FD, if you were not at top pay during 04' to 06', you did not get the retro. And you don't get the 3.5 reoponer until you hit top pay! I assume it is the same at DSNY.
My husband came on in 06 and got a small retro check but not the raise, but people that came on in 05 and 07 got the retro and the raise. Mod cut: language Some union guy is saying that no one got the raise but my husband has friends that came on in different years and got the raise. Do they really think the workers don't talk to each other? I don't want my husband to get screwed and that's what they're doing.

Last edited by Viralmd; 05-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 PM

32 posts, read 135,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
people who came on dec. 05 got it but not may 06?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 PM

192 posts, read 401,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsP614 View Post
My husband came on in 06 and got a small retro check but not the raise, but people that came on in 05 and 07 got the retro and the raise. Mod cut: language Some union guy is saying that no one got the raise but my husband has friends that came on in different years and got the raise. Do they really think the workers don't talk to each other? I don't want my husband to get screwed and that's what they're doing.
During normal business hours call the Union Hall. Call tomorrow. Explain the situation very clearly and I think you will get a clear answer. I don't know why people rush to assume corruption. Without a doubt there can be plenty of mis-communications on this job. I'm not sure how this affected guys from those years but I certainly have not heard any of my junior men complaining. Are your sure that guys that came on in 07 got the raise? I'm going to investigate myself.

This is a high profile union and I think that thinking the union is working with the city to withhold raises for people is absurd. That reopener was a juggling act. Call the Union and post what their answer was.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:36 PM

32 posts, read 135,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
During normal business hours call the Union Hall. Call tomorrow. Explain the situation very clearly and I think you will get a clear answer. I don't know why people rush to assume corruption. Without a doubt there can be plenty of mis-communications on this job. I'm not sure how this affected guys from those years but I certainly have not heard any of my junior men complaining. Are your sure that guys that came on in 07 got the raise? I'm going to investigate myself.

This is a high profile union and I think that thinking the union is working with the city to withhold raises for people is absurd. That reopener was a juggling act. Call the Union and post what their answer was.
been calling the union hall for weeks first they said it was a payroll error and to fax a copy of my pay stub to them.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM

208 posts, read 438,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Sir Charge
befriend
104 posts, read 69,847 times

Passed my road test!!!!!! so relieved... 2nd times the charm, I aced it, no points off.... I LOVE WHITE PLAINS!!!! so much better than the bx with willie randolph and the terminator
Wow, that was almost a year ago, havent driven a CMV or bus since, hope I'm not rusty whenever I finally do get called (40 numbers away)

Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM

72 posts, read 198,248 times
Default Epyon

Just wondering what the latest murmurs are coming out of HR. I recall you saying a while back that you were seeing lots of retirements coming thru, still the same. Bottom line, what sense are you getting lately about the next hiring.? This year, next year...never??? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:30 PM

156 posts, read 370,166 times
FULLTRUCK did you ever find out about the policy when it comes to layoffs and tissues? I was still wondering if there's anything to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma1976 View Post
i believe the rule is they let someone else sign for it (that person is told it is temporary) but if you are hired back within a year you get your tissue back
that's the only time I've ever heard of anything like that...everyone else around the job keeps telling me you lose it completely

Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 PM

335 posts, read 747,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
It depends where you took th etest. Staten island everyone passed, the bronx not so much. 10 out of 15 passed in the bronx in my class.
I was in Staten Island :P

Boy I was so worried for nothing. It felt like they just handed me the licence before I started. I guess with the people in Staten Island you really have to F up to fail with them

Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 PM

335 posts, read 747,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanManHopeful View Post
Just wondering what the latest murmurs are coming out of HR. I recall you saying a while back that you were seeing lots of retirements coming thru, still the same. Bottom line, what sense are you getting lately about the next hiring.? This year, next year...never??? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Never!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Who know when they might hire. Might be after we get into the new fiscal year in july maybe. Unlikely but maybe if there were some people that could push the idea of the need to replace the San men leaving to keep the city clean. In my mind I just thinking for next year. Yeah still guys are leaving. Wont be suprised if we are under the number of San Men that are supposed to have. I guess they feel they can do with what they have and hold out till next year. In this thread I always read about "Routes being extended" so perhaps thats what they are going to do instead of hiring new guys to do the routes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City