Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:56 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,494,386 times

Advertisements

Baylover is right. The places I mentioned are not comvenient for a commute to Westchester. Not at all. I read your post too quickly and missed the part about commuting to Westchester. Sorry.

I would stick with the Bronx, if you want to live in NYC and commute to Westchester. City Island is very charming, with a lot of character. I have been to the Country Club section of the Bronx and it is nice, too, but I can't provide any information beyond that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM

4 posts, read 15,124 times
Default Good high schools near city island?

Thanks for all the input. We found a 3br semi attached with an additional 1 br apartment in the basement. They accepted an offer of $540k. Also found a buyer for our place upstate. The traffic is heavy on weekend evenings - guess you just need to know when you can and can't travel off the island. I hear the City Island school is great. I have a few years but does anybody know of any good private high schools nearby? Have a 10 yr old girl and 6 yr old boy. Thanks again

Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,358,694 times
The best high schools for boys nearby are Fordham Prep which is down the Pelham Parkway at Fordham University, Iona Prep in New Rochelle, and Archbishop Stepinac in White Plains.

For girls high schools I know there is Our Lady of Good Counsel in White Plains, but there has to be another school that is closer to city island than this. There is St. Barnabas in Woodlawn, but I don't think that is particularly good for high school (St. Barnabas for grade school is excellent though).

Also keep in mind that you might want to have your kids apply to Bronx Science. It is a public school, but admission is by application only, and only the smartest kids are able to make it in. It is definitely one of the top high schools in the city. Take a look here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronx_Science

Last edited by mead; 04-24-2007 at 11:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City