Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,565 times

Advertisements

I have been offered a job in Bronx Lebanon Hospital. I have heard that the area around the hospital is not very safe. Also, I have heard that renting apartments near the hospital is not advisable owing to the nature of tenants. Pls adivse on the closest area and mode of commuting recommended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 AM

9,243 posts, read 24,025,338 times
Either further down The Grand Concourse(and here really only right on The Concourse) in the low 160's or further up The Grand Concourse in the northern part of Bedford Park,Mosholu Parkway,Van Cortlandt Village or Norwood. I would go with the northern areas because they are more neighborhoody,greener,quieter,calmer,etc

Any of these neighborhoods are pretty decent with easy access to the Grand Concourse subway line and maybe a 10 or 15 minute, 1 subway line, straight shot to Bronx Leb .

You could also think about Riverdale,Pelham Parkway,Morris Park and some other neighborhoods but they would involve either a long bus ride or a bus to the subway or a car.The other options offer really fast,easy commutes.

There would be 1 benefit to the lower Concourse option and that would be closer proximity via the subway to Manhattan if you see going there frequently on your down time.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,229,128 times
I'm little confused, there seems to be two units of Bronx Lebanon... One on Fulton Ave. and another unit somewhere on Grand Concourse. Which one has the 24h emergency room?

Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM

730 posts, read 2,050,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I'm little confused, there seems to be two units of Bronx Lebanon... One on Fulton Ave. and another unit somewhere on Grand Concourse. Which one has the 24h emergency room?
It's the one on Concourse & Mount Eden avenue. You take the (D) to 174th-175th Sts and walk down a block.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,469 times
I will be moving there for a Pediatric Residency too! We have two little boys under 4rs both. We need a place near the hospital as well. Early mornings and late nights. Please help.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM

791 posts, read 1,431,068 times
I'm in that neighborhood regularly. It doesn't seem that bad to me. There are some decent apartment buildings on the Concourse, and on Sheridan Street, one block east.

Currently, I live on the Concourse a few blocks north of 149th - have for over two years, and it's a great neighborhood. I have never had a problem there (unless you count some little 12 year old punk asses that threw a snowball at me) and I'd recommend it highly.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,329,475 times
With small children, I would tend to look more toward an area like Riverdale, Woodlawn, or even Lower Westchester County. How will you commute to work?

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-02-2011, 01:18 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,615,716 times
Default Bedford Park?

close enough to Bx Leb but a much better area

Old 11-28-2011, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,299 times
Red face Bronx Lebanon Hospital area apts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogney View Post
Dear forum memebers! Looking for your advice. I never been to New York city but since my wife and myself got job opportunity in Bronx Lebanon Hospital and we will be moving there in June or July. We have 2 year old son as well. Our range will be $1000 to $1800 per month. My first concern is Safety as my wife will be working late night shifts and second we are looking something closer to the hospital. But again SAFETY is first concern. I will be really thankful if you guys could suggest some safe and close place to live near Bronx Lebanon Hospital. Thank you very much in advance and God Bless you.
I have 2 one-bed room apts located on 156 East 178th St which is four blocks from Hospital. The rents are about $1,100 per month in an elevator building. They have sunken livingrooms, new appliances and varnished wood floors. The building is very secure. Call me at (914) 282-0461

Old 11-28-2011, 03:23 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogney View Post
I will be really thankful if you guys could suggest some safe and close place to live near Bronx Lebanon Hospital.
No such place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City