U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Location: East NY , Boulevardd / Cypress / Pink Houses / Linden .
27 posts, read 48,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
You should have watched this video before moving to ENY. This rapper seems to have broken things down very well.

YouTube - Im From East New York
Lol dats my song dey shot dat video n my hood boulevardd i kno fishgrease personally 2156^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,883,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
You couldnt pay me to live in ENY ! To me there are just certain areas you dont move IN to..your either from there or you got fam there otherwise you keep it movin
Pretty much....

Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM

1,997 posts, read 2,593,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
You couldnt pay me to live in ENY ! To me there are just certain areas you dont move IN to..your either from there or you got fam there otherwise you keep it movin
Personally, If it comes down to living in certain areas in NYC and your only financial options are(ENY,Brownsville, Bushwick,South Bronx or any place with a ton of housing projects),-and lets throw this in- You are a very productive citizen- its probably better to just vacate the city. I went back to my old block in ENY where I lived int he 80's to visit someone and it was the same folks doing the same crap or not much at all. They were just a lot older.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,745 times
I hear people say ohh East New York don't go there at the daytime since it is "incredible dangerous".I have lived in East New York for 13 years now and in those times living hear I have only heard 4gun shots and that was it.I ride my bike here during the morning at 6am and nothing has ever happen to me.Nothing wrong has ever happen to me and since I'm white a lot of people know me and even gave me a nickname,and I don't even know most of them.I have came from work at 3am in the morning sometimes and nothing has happen to me.Though ever since a daily has been open for 24 hours outside my apartment I usually hear people talking downstairs and so I use earplugs.Though since I have gotten a raise at my job I am deciding to move to Bayside Queens since it is more suburban like though still in queens.Anyway nothing has happen to me since I have been living here for 13 years and many people are exageraterating about this place.If you just mind your own business and don't be friends with the people in the neighborhood then you should be fine.Also does anyone know if I should rent a house or buy a house when I move to Bayside?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:01 PM

4,841 posts, read 8,255,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy2013 View Post
I hear people say ohh East New York don't go there at the daytime since it is "incredible dangerous".I have lived in East New York for 13 years now and in those times living hear I have only heard 4gun shots and that was it.I ride my bike here during the morning at 6am and nothing has ever happen to me.Nothing wrong has ever happen to me and since I'm white a lot of people know me and even gave me a nickname,and I don't even know most of them.I have came from work at 3am in the morning sometimes and nothing has happen to me.Though ever since a daily has been open for 24 hours outside my apartment I usually hear people talking downstairs and so I use earplugs.Though since I have gotten a raise at my job I am deciding to move to Bayside Queens since it is more suburban like though still in queens.Anyway nothing has happen to me since I have been living here for 13 years and many people are exageraterating about this place.If you just mind your own business and don't be friends with the people in the neighborhood then you should be fine.Also does anyone know if I should rent a house or buy a house when I move to Bayside?
Rent, unless you want to spend over 1m on a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City