U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM

6 posts, read 25,514 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am wondering what cities or areas are best for single, educated black women. I'm thinking about New York, but I will consider other big cities (Chicago, LA,etc.)

I live in California, and consider myself fairly liberal. I usually date interracially, as I find I mostly attract White, Indian or Asian men. However, in the city where I live now, unless you are an Asian woman, dating is extremely difficult.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Sidenote: I am thinking seriously about moving to Brooklyn. Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,495,289 times
The dating scene in New York can be pretty tough, even moreso if your new. There is just a lot of competition. Also people are just really independent here. A lot of people just get used to being on their own and they kinda sour on dating.

I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to give you a realistic opinion.

Are you really social? Are you not afraid to go up to guys and just introduce yourself and start talking to them? You are going to have to do that at least in the beginning.

Another thing to consider, is dating really the main reason your looking to move? Dating and social life should be a consideration, but personally I would have it low on a list of priorities when it comes to moving someplace new.

On the plus side, people are very open to interracial dating here. Don't know about Chicago but in New York, it's no big deal. Speaking from experience you might get an odd stare here and there depending where your at but that's it.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:24 AM

3,073 posts, read 10,608,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2city View Post
Hi
I am wondering what cities or areas are best for single, educated black women. I'm thinking about New York, but I will consider other big cities (Chicago, LA,etc.)

I live in California, and consider myself fairly liberal. I usually date interracially, as I find I mostly attract White, Indian or Asian men. However, in the city where I live now, unless you are an Asian woman, dating is extremely difficult.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Sidenote: I am thinking seriously about moving to Brooklyn. Thanks!!
Houston..BIG, and lots of good business minded brothers there.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:25 AM

6 posts, read 25,514 times
Thanks for the information! Wow! I'm not quite sure I'm THAT forward, but I'm definitely social!

Hmmm..... Houston is another possibility. I'll have to see what opportunities await in my profession. Hey, don't you live in your car there? :-)

Thanks guys! These are really good things to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City