Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 AM

7 posts, read 30,712 times

Advertisements

[/color]

Hi sorry to bug you guys, you must be sick of my questions. I am findimg this forum really worthwhile, however at the sma etime it makes me think about things I have not yet thought of in regards to living in NYC.

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the tax system in the USA. In Australia we have just have fedral tax and some of that money goes to the state. i have been reading that in the US you have state and fedral what are the tax rates for new york state and fedral???? Also is there a NYC tax as well????

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 11:43 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,368,610 times
Yeah there are lots of differen taxes that you have to pay. Federal income taxes, state income taxes, and NYC has its own income tax. Go to google and type in something like "federal tax brackets" and it will explain to you how much it is. There is also a sales tax added to goods purchased at stores, property taxes paid to the local town if you own a house or a condo, and things like capitol gains taxes for profits you make in the stock market.

NYC has one of the highest tax rates in the USA, however it is still fairly low compared to many other countries. I don't know what the tax rates are in Australia, but I know in NZ they are quite low and might even be lower than in the USA.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:28 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,940,360 times
And health care isn't covered the way it is in Australia, either....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City