U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,146,156 times

Advertisements

My husband loves baseball and he loves to visit different baseball parks. Today we went to Yankee Stadium. It was my first time there; I've been to 5 or 6 other ballparks. I was truly shocked that given NY'ers have such enormous pride in their city and in the Yankees, how much litter was thrown into the field. The whole game, there was a constant stream of litter being tossed from the upper seats into the field (or into the lower seats). Many times I saw ballplayers from both teams pick up trash and have to stick it in their pockets. At other ballparks, this occurred not at all or maybe once or twice per game. It was really sad to me. I know the Yankees have a new ballpark opening in 2009, and I hope it inspires fans to be a little more respectful, at least of the field and the players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM

242 posts, read 917,502 times
I would figure the weather had something to do with this. It has been cold and windy which accounts for much of the garbage from the stands going onto the field. The security at the Stadium is top notch and has been for years. Most fans know this and know they will be kicked out if they throw anything on the field and are seen, which security is usually on top of. While the fans can be rough at times, I imagine it had more to do with the wind than disrespectful fans.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM

492 posts, read 578,163 times
Most arent Native New Yorkers but the new yuppie implants. New York City has changed.

Its going to be some fun at the Shea games, 2400 parking spaces are no longer available due to the new stadium being built. That leaves around 5000 spaces for 56,000 people.
Now add NYC park commissioner Benepe and people Estelle Cooper the "rocket scientist" who looks after Corona Park and the old Worlds Fair ruens into the soup!

The *** may hit that fan when people are sent to to park 1/2 way to Flushing + walk back to Corona park for shuttle busses.
The Popcorn, peanuts and Cracker Jack's will really be flying.
Moderator cut: copyright image

-J

-Joe

Last edited by Joe L; 04-08-2007 at 09:05 PM..

Old 04-09-2007, 08:23 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,516,740 times
I've been to Yankee Stadium penty of times and this has never happened.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:26 PM

1,990 posts, read 6,843,960 times
Weather can play a part. Also, was A-Rod batting??

Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,007,316 times
I watched the game on TV and I saw alot of debris blowing around on the screen. The announcers often commented about how windy it was and when it blows from left to right field they always have that problem of papers blowing onto the field. I've been to many games and have never had a problem of folks intentionally throwing things around. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the experience.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 AM

364 posts, read 370,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I've been to Yankee Stadium penty of times and this has never happened.
Me either. I have been to at least one home game for the past 8 years. I am not a native NYer but a lifetime long Yankees fan and would never throw trash around the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City