U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 PM

2,806 posts, read 14,969,456 times

Advertisements

Yeah I would agree with that.

Its kind of sad though that we have to pine for the "good old days" of the Mafia. They were certainly better than these idiot Russian/Latin American/black gang members we have now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Rather a big mistake !
The Ethnic gangs and Russias that took over are 10X worse. One thing about Ed Koch....He knew this and left certain people alone.
It was a dam shame how Rudy G, Freddy and cops went after this so called 'mob" and what the city's everyday people got in return when the countless ethnic gangs took over.

Gangs, car thieves would get there legs borken if they stepped into in parts Ozone Park, Middle Villiage, Ridgewood, Howard Beach after dark
Now the gangs and MS13 run wild and the cops get harrassed by Al Sharpton and Jackon every time they have a shootout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM

165 posts, read 409,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Rather a big mistake !
The Ethnic gangs and Russias that took over are 10X worse. One thing about Ed Koch....He knew this and left certain people alone.
It was a dam shame how Rudy G, Freddy and cops went after this so called 'mob" and what the city's everyday people got in return when the countless ethnic gangs took over.
Aren't the Mafia an ethnic gang, though? It is true that they're one of the lesser threats these days.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:05 AM

67 posts, read 327,704 times
Yes, I remember when my cousins lived in Ozone Park. They always had block parties and Gottis family had a big one. The ones in Middle Village are all retired and mostly Sicilians, and their kids have moved to Long Island or elsewhere.

My uncle said there are still meetings in Gottis old club, Bergen Hunt, where alleged members still hang out but really no bad activity.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,190 times
Jamacans, These gangs are more of of a problem in London.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM

82 posts, read 77,760 times
Hands down it's Staten Island, I know first hand. Howard Beach is a close second and Mil Basin in Brooklyn a close third.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 AM

19,117 posts, read 32,666,756 times
brighton beach - russian mafia
wakefield - jamaican mafia
most of staten island - italian mafia
bay ridge, bensonhurst, dyker heights, bath beach - italian mafia
howard beach - italian mafia
pelham parkway - albanian mafia

Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM

607 posts, read 3,258,361 times
sounds like Howard Beach and Staten Island are the best places to live.

That is unless you run over a kid on a bike and his father is a CAPO

Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM

359 posts, read 2,395,618 times
my dad told me about when that happened. That sucks so much. I heard the guy who did it just kind of excepted it and just kinda said "Well Ok just shoot me". Thats messed up.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 PM

36 posts, read 178,752 times
They disgraced this country, should send them back to where they came from!

Old 05-27-2007, 08:55 PM

492 posts, read 576,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheart View Post
They disgraced this country, should send them back to where they came from!
Agreed, the new batches that replaced the alleged Italian and Sicilian groups are the worst, nothing but of animals and savages!
If the good old boys and corner men were still around places like Ridgewood, Maspeth, Middle Village, Bayside would still be the paradises they once were. No real estate suit, home owner dare "sell-out" to Moonies or other "certain groups"

Now we have multicultural cesspool's, even the buildings. Walking down Fresh Pond Road equates a stroll down isle 6 in Walbaums viewing all the Goya bean's and mixed nuts

Another example of how new immigrants have ...CAUGH CAUGH "revitalized" another Queens hood. If you look at one of the duck's behinds in the cartoon figures.....you'll see it has 2 crossed band-aids on it!

What you have here appears to be another Korean brothel highly specialized catering to males with specific "preferences"

This is your "multiculturalism"

Last edited by Joe L; 05-27-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City