Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM

34 posts, read 102,287 times

Advertisements

Hello

I recently got my application selected with NYCHA and I am excited to be moving soon. I am curious which one is the worst and the best in brooklyn or the bronx?

Can you guys help me?

Thank you

Brooklyn
Albany Houses .................................................. .......Park Pl. and Troy Ave
Armstrong Houses .................................................. ..Bedford and Lexington Aves
Bay View Houses .................................................. ....Rockaway Parkway & Seaview Ave
Breukelen Houses .................................................. ..E. 108
and Flatlands Ave
Cooper Park Houses ...............................................Fro st St. and Morgan Ave
Farragut Houses .................................................. .....Nassau and Navy Sts
Glenwood Houses .................................................. ..Farragut Rd. and Ralph Ave
Gowanus Houses .................................................. ...Hoyt and Wyckoff Sts
Sheepshead Bay Houses .........................................Ave. W and Nostrand Ave
Rutland Towers............................................ ........lenox Road – Rockaway Parkway
Wyckoff Gardens .................................................. ....Wyckoff and Nevins Sts
Includes .........Atlantic Terminal

Last edited by kryan; 06-26-2009 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
albany = no good
armstrong = no good
bay view = good
breukelen = no good
cooper park = good
farragut = no good
glenwood = good
gowanus = no good
sheepshead bay = good
rutland = good
wyckoff = good
atlantic terminal = good

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 AM

thank you so much, it really helps.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,963 times
I live in Bayview right now, and they are pretty good, i am moving out but because i got a transfer to a bigger apartment, in Hope Gardens on in Bushwick. Now the thing is are they going let to go to Bayview with NYCHA because they are section 8 buildings now, I couldnt even request a tranfser within these projects because they are trying to move Housing recepients out.

Also if you have small children the school around here is p.s. 272 and it really is not a good school, I travel to take my child else where.

I am not familiar with the rest, but I do know Albany, and Armstrong are no good!!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM

thank you!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 41,308 times
i just got a letter from nycha and was told to choose which project i choose berry houses in staten island how long does this take before i get called for interview

Old 03-27-2010, 01:28 AM

2 posts, read 10,066 times
I just put in for a transfer to another NYCHA to live near my mother for medical reason like if I have to go to the hospital. How long will it take?

Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM

8 posts, read 96,985 times
I put in my application for nycha in Jan- Feb. and I got my interview for June 2. My question is I have a son but he is still a baby will nycha give me a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. And how old does your son have to be in order to get a 2 bedroom. I have read a bunch of ur posts and it really helped me a lot so hopefully all u guys can help me again. I am looking to move to Brooklyn so can u give me some tips on which projects that are close to Bedford-Stuy are good that youknow of.

Last edited by Nu Nu1989; 05-16-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM

Nycha help????

My spouse and I are considering living a NYCHA apartment,we have two teenagers and a toddler so we want a Nycha apt simply for the affordable rent and spacious rooms. I've heard so many stories of Nycha apartments I don't know what to believe. Can someone please give some feedback

what developments are the safe and clean?

What developments have a lot of working class families

Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Weren't you planning into moving into a NYCHA 3 years ago (OP)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City