Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 10:15 PM

371 posts, read 524,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw927 View Post
Hello to all my name is Bob I recently retired from the New York City Transit Authority I spent 33 years working and repairing subway trains it was a good job I have worked other jobs before the transit authority but they were just stepping stones I spent 33 years with them I learned a lot from them and when I retired two years ago I kept all my medical benefits until my Death. so I'm glad that I had this job and I recommend it everyone Private jobs today do not pay good at all and hardly give any medical benefits whatsoever when I retired I was Making $52 an Hour Straight time two years ago and you can too. your best bet is to get a city job. Transit being one of them, good luck to you all of you and keep in mind that you need a job with a future and advancements and you can get that with New York City Transit and all other city jobs good luck to all. Bob
Did the OP ever make it on? I was interested.

I was on the FDNY list, the chili bowl test and I would have made it on. They screwed people on the retest due to the way they graded the answers.

Is it worth it to become an EMT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 05:20 PM

31 posts, read 50,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
Did the OP ever make it on? I was interested.

I was on the FDNY list, the chili bowl test and I would have made it on. They screwed people on the retest due to the way they graded the answers.

Is it worth it to become an EMT?
Great Good Luck to you !!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,545,403 times
Does anyone have any recommendation as to how to study for this exam?

Old 09-18-2016, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,537 times
I believe all things are possible! Today is 9/18/2016 took exam 8098 in 2009 received a call to proceed with hiring process list # 8***. totally forgot I took the exam!

Old 10-19-2016, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,759 times
Default What's on the exam?

Hey everyone. There is currently an T/O exam coming out in december. I see that the "Study Guide" that is available is outdated. Can someone please share with me what was on the test and what I need to study?

Please and thank you

Old 10-21-2016, 05:23 AM

25 posts, read 24,037 times
There's nothing to study, do not waste your money on any study guide. It's a common sense test , that asks basic questions and questions about NYC landmarks

Old 11-03-2016, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,759 times
NYC landmark? I don't understand. Please explain. I am an immigrant turn citizen so I might have to read up o that

Old 11-08-2016, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,698 times
wish everyone well who took the exam..

But quick question

could anyone provide what were some of the questions

they asked on the exams,

in particular ones referring to nyc locations...

thanks in advance and good luck to all!!!

Old 03-27-2017, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Can anybody tell me what the deal is with the hearing test? How strict are they and how long or easy is the test? What if you have diminished hearing in one ear?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM

4 posts, read 9,789 times
Please someone, anyone. How to best prepare for the train operator exam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City