Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 AM

20 posts, read 64,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremotorman View Post
I have some good news. I got a letter back from DCAS regarding my disqualification on the Education and experience paper. They granted my appeal!!!!!!! I knew I filled that thing out correctly. I stated that in my appeal letter as well as sent them a new form filled out again. Something so small as not putting in the amount of hours worked at each job would have DQ'ed me I would have been devastated. But I knew I did and they granted my appeal and now im good to go. Im number thirty something on the list so hopefully I dont have too long before I get a call or letter. Best of luck to you guys.
I had my appeal granted as well. Do we need to do anything else ?
All the letter states is that it was granted, no further instructions.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Basically, what you need now is to get called. And you should check with DCAS to verify that your name has been put back on the list in its proper place. Just because they granted your appeal doesn't guarantee they took that next step--even though it seems so obvious.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM

20 posts, read 64,716 times
Very True ... I called DCAS and the only number you can get in on is an automated response number.
It says that Im still on the list with my original list number.
The problem with that is I was never taken off the list, even after the DQ. The information never changed.
I sent them a letter. Waiting to hear back

Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 22,579 times
Yea i was never taken off of the list either, according to the DCAS automated line. It says im still at my original list# and the list has been published but not yet established.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,225 times
Hello I lost my card with the results of my test and my list number. How can i get another card sent to me, or who can i call to find out my list number.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM

16 posts, read 92,390 times
Call 212 669-1357 to find out your list number

Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 11,728 times
Default Train Operator 8098 reasons to be disqualified

I took the test in June of 2009 and would like to know if I can be disqualified by the fact that I had a quadruple bypass in 2004 and I'm now 46. The reason I had the bypass was because of a stress test that was taken showed that I may have had some blockages. I had a Cardiac Catheterization procedure which confirmed 3 blockages in my arteries but became quadruple after going in for surgery. The bypass was proactive and scheduled as I was not sick or felt any issues with my heart. As a matter of fact the surgeon stated to me after the surgery that I have a happy heart. Explaining to me that there was no damage to my heart since it was caught before anything could happen. I elected to have this surgery and could have declined since there was no issue and I was feeling fine. I'm wondering if I could be discriminated by the fact that I elected to have this surgery and if I declined would that have made a difference hypothetically.

Thanks,

VinnySea

Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM

243 posts, read 1,333,819 times
Anything regarding the heart or the eyes is going to raise red flags with the doctors when you take your medical. My guess , and this is a guess , you have to speak with whatever doctor you get , is probably they will put you on a medical hold until you come in with documents from your own doctors stating you are fine and can do the job. That is , obviously , so the MTA can cover itself if anything happens to you on the job. The fact that you are 46 means nothing. There is no age cap on hiring for this job. My advice would be to be prepared and get documentation from your doctors stating you are fine , fit , and capable of doing the job BEFORE the medical so you can present everything right there. If even after having done that , they disqualify you , you still have a right of appeal. As long as you can get your own doctors to certify you are ok and can do the job , you should be okay to get hired. Go in with the documentation and be prepared. Good luck.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:53 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
That's true; I know someone who passed the exam and was waiting to get called, but he had had some kind of pre-existing problem with his eyes, and he wound up being rejected.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,255 times
so, to test for diabetes and cholesterol do they actually draw blood at the medical? or will they test you only if you tell them you've had a problem in the past?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City