U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-28-2007, 02:08 PM

7,631 posts, read 10,862,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
just because you don't see it in the upper east side..doesn't mean it is not prevalent there....
Bunch of guys puffin on a spliff or shoving snow up their noses in the privacy of their own apartment on the UES is a far cry from openly selling it on the streets or, more commonly, from numerous private apartments in the Bronx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM

2,978 posts, read 995,879 times
It is not a far cry from anything....you can put a new dress and makeup on a cow...at the end of the day it's still a cow. Whether someone is selling out of their home/on the street, or selling/using out of their apt..there is no difference...one place just LOOKS nicer.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM

Nonsense. Places like the Upper East Side are not a huge open air drug market. Fordham and a lot of other areas of the Bronx fit that description and then some.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM

Agreed...but as I said...one is done outside...the other inside. At the end of the day..one looks nicer..but that is the difference.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:34 PM

No, its a bit more than that.

The numerous players dealing in the Bronx, whether on the street, out of those tenements, or bodegas, are the supply/retail side of the drug trade. Therefore, they are bringing the scourge of violence and addicts into the area and intertwining it into the social fabric with all the negative consequences.

The Upper East Side, in direct contrast, is at best the demand side. The recreational user who has procured it through channels enabling the dirty work to be done somewhere else (the Bronx perhaps?). There is no dealing on the street, out of the tony shops and bars or out of apartments. People would not stand for it.

The differences could not be more profound.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Yes...one has someone else do the dirty work for them....and that is better because? Seems to me the root of the problem is the demand side...aka...those on the Upper East side...as you said....so let's focus on the real problem..and everything else will solve itself.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Yes...one has someone else do the dirty work for them....and that is better because? Seems to me the root of the problem is the demand side...aka...those on the Upper East side...as you said....so let's focus on the real problem..and everything else will solve itself.
Oh there is a huge local market as well. Don't blame the Brooks Brothers crowd for the Bronx drug scourge. They're only one sector.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:01 PM

Lol...I think we are the only ones reading or writing in here! I say everyone is to blame...and the Upper East Side is just a nicer place to get high..but ultimately..its all the same. "Better" people...nicer place...doing the same sh**.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 4,578 times
Hi, I live near by and the area looks good during the day. There is often rivalry gang fights in the summer. I'm a real estate agent in Brooklyn with listings in the Bronx area. my email is wys13@msn.com

Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 PM

Lol...often rivalry gang fights in the summer? Great way to sell real estate...you must be a top produce at your firm!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City