U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,918 times
Default New York Engagement!!

Ok folks i need some serious advice for a woman who deserves the best ever engagement and one she can tell the kids and the grandkids about.Firstly let me explain the reasons for planning so far in advance.We are dating nearly 4 years and have a one year old son and another one due in August.Just to add a little bit more to the mix we are also looking to move in to a bigger house to accomadate our new family!!!Now we are both huge lovers of all things New York!!!!We have regularily been there over the years but never together,hence this has got to be something extra special.There is only one slight problem that she has been there romantically before with an ex and they did the helicopter trip and they also did "top of the rock".Now i need some real new york ideas that are special!! The idea is to fly from ireland on the saturday before new years and stay untill the day after new year and fly back so we dont miss our angels too much!!!I am open to all ideas,fantasies,dreams as this has got to make her feel the most special person in the world at that moment because that is the way i feel about her all the time!!Best of luck to all of you georgeous brides planning the bag day and hopfully we will be back for more ideas after we get the big engagement out of the way!!!Dont forget all fantasies and dreams welcomed!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 02:36 PM

1,693 posts, read 6,009,677 times
I have always been a man to lean towards the simple side... along the lines of a Hansom cab ride in Central Park or the Staten Island Ferry. You seem to be looking for a bit more than that! Congratulations by the way!

Are you looking to pop the question on New Year's Eve? Perhaps at the top of the Empire State Building? Or rent a room in one of the Tiems Square hotels over looking the festivities, although I'm sure it would be quite pricey. Maybe you can find some entertaining cops or firemen who would care to go along with a plan?? I used to belong to a police bagpipe band if that would help you in anyway.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 AM

492 posts, read 55,387 times
You can spend $100,000 in an hour but Staten Island ferry round trip (free) is the best way to go weather permitting. Or you can charter your own boat with some wine and food out of Brooklyn, City Island or Port Washington, you wont need a big one. One thing about Manhatten you can go from un-inhabited places you never knew existed to lower Manhatten in 25 minutes
Steer clear of the Circle Line is a rush meat wagan.
The Helicopter is a joke you really cant see anything, they cant fly over land and have to stay under 1500 feet, tiny windows etc.

Been at NBC, SNL we had some 1AM private "partys" at Top Of The Rock (pre 911 and General Electric days) Haa Haa ....I cant post the details

Personally I wouldnt go nuts trying to plan an ethnic wedding...if your going to come to NYC just be like a New Yorker. You cant really plan, its a waste off $$
Just get on the street and do it you dont need a rippoff tourguide ...just ask somebody and hop on the subway 10 minutes to anyplace you need to see. You may even see the Mayor strap hanging (he rides the subway)who can marry you its actually part of his job

Last edited by Joe L; 04-25-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City