Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM

372 posts, read 830,116 times

Advertisements

50% after 20 years

Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM

46 posts, read 90,320 times
Default Pay scale - raises schedule

Hi Guys,

I was looking through my old paperwork and I am unable to find the list of raises / pay scales that we are to hit. I came out of the August 08' class and wanted to know if anyone had a chart, because we were originally scheduled to receive our raises on February 09' and then February 10' but with the negotiation, I believe we are receiving the raises on Feb 09', Aug 09' and not sure if we are still on schedule for Feb 10' and Aug 10'?

So if anyone can post the schedule of pay scale increases it would be greatly appreciated.

All help will be appreciated. Even someone from the July class would have a similar schedule except instead of Feb it would be Aug.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSICandidate View Post
Hi Guys,

I was looking through my old paperwork and I am unable to find the list of raises / pay scales that we are to hit. I came out of the August 08' class and wanted to know if anyone had a chart, because we were originally scheduled to receive our raises on February 09' and then February 10' but with the negotiation, I believe we are receiving the raises on Feb 09', Aug 09' and not sure if we are still on schedule for Feb 10' and Aug 10'?

So if anyone can post the schedule of pay scale increases it would be greatly appreciated.

All help will be appreciated. Even someone from the July class would have a similar schedule except instead of Feb it would be Aug.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am not trying to be a wise guy but you will know when you get your check and look at your pay stub. You are on the job, you have access to your shop steward,etc. Are you the only probie working in your district?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 PM

6 posts, read 13,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Good, Is this stopping the guys on the day line from running and dumping on shift?
They still haven't realized that they are screwing themselves some people just can't learn!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM

473 posts, read 932,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
You have a long hard career ahead of you with that attitude. We bucked the crap out of the system and now supervisors superintendents Ab's, and Bs's are walking on egg shells around us. They are scared of us and don't want to come and work in our district. They don't know what to do with us and we probably wont see any cuts because of our actions. There is more to this job than just throwing trash into the back of a truck. Sometimes you have to take action and make a stand for something and if it brings heat on you then so be it. When you get more than 1 yr on the job maybe you will understand that.
You mean with my one year on the job I don't know everything?? That's probably the best thing I read on this site in a long time. It seems to me everybody on here knows everything about the job. I must be the only one that doesn't.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 AM

200 posts, read 576,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
You mean with my one year on the job I don't know everything?? That's probably the best thing I read on this site in a long time. It seems to me everybody on here knows everything about the job. I must be the only one that doesn't.
In time you will learn grasshopper.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM

Default How low can DSNY headcount go?

I was reading in the Chief that the Uniformed Sanitationmen's Association was endorsing Bill de Blasio
for public advocate, it goes on to say that the union represents 6,200 Sanitation dept employees, this is a more up to date headcount then what it says on the DSNY homepage. So they will be going under 6,000 by next spring.

My question is what is the lowest headcount that they have worked with since they went to a 2 man truck in the 80's?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:32 AM

360 posts, read 735,977 times
That's a good post van...? My Q is the theory on ... Hiring mire fdny cause the general public seeing firehouses closing or you hear of a officer getting hurt in a line of duty... The general public then demands more workers for that department .. With no hiring since last summer... I have no idea how many has left since last winter .. But if a bad winter is in store do the dsny have enough to clean entire city..? With minnium civilian help hiring ..? If people couldent get off there blocks to go to work would they hound bloomberg for more dsny..? But I like vans question ... And the whole are we par with headcount or when we do go par with it do they continue to reduce it...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 AM

372 posts, read 830,116 times
will you stop asking the public to ask for more sanman its not gonna happen lol....you have a better shot of them asking for more MTA b4 us...we pick up garbage too many were nothing in fact it makes it better that we fly under the radar...snow/no snow you will not see a class this fall/winter...as far as headcount I think thats out the window my garage is plus 18 for wednesday thats also with a cut in cleaning but still 18....just stop looking for these doomsday situations where there gonna hire a class you will get called but it is going to be longer then you expected...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 AM

Well for starters it really hasn't snowed that much the past few winters, and I could care less what the farmers almanac says. They hire laborers to shovel the bus stops, fire hydrants and crosswalks at $12.00hr, after 40 hrs it goes up to $18.00 which is peanuts for doing back breaking work for hours.

They also use private sub contractors with plows on their trucks so all of that comes into consideration. DSNY does the bulk of snow removal but not all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City