Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM

192 posts, read 400,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearman View Post
Where did you here that?
And even if that was true, they have a much larger membership and probably could afford to lend out. As far as Sanitation deserving it, take a look at pension numbers for an average Sanitation worker, its not all that great for 20 years of hard labor. A VSF would greatly increase the quality of life of a Sanitation worker upon retiring.
.... Not to mention that we paid an extra 5 and change for 20 years!!

I want the damn thing....believe you me. I don't know about any loan. I can't imagine a union having any real sum of money to help the city of new york through a bankruptcy. It had to do with getting a cut from all the interest made on the retirement systems. There might actually be a case for a few more unions to get in on it. We deserve it as much as anybody.

If we stuck together we could drop a serious bomb on this city.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM

172 posts, read 447,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
.... Not to mention that we paid an extra 5 and change for 20 year

I want the damn thing....believe you me. I don't know about any loan. I can't imagine a union having any real sum of money to help the city of new york through a bankruptcy. It had to do with getting a cut from all the interest made on the retirement systems. There might actually be a case for a few more unions to get in on it. We deserve it as much as anybody.

well with a little research I found an article which basically says what I said.

The original deal came about at the city's urging because the Lindsay administration wanted to be able to invest money from the police and fire pension funds in the stock market and needed the approval of the unions.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM

200 posts, read 575,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
well with a little research I found an article which basically says what I said.

The original deal came about at the city's urging because the Lindsay administration wanted to be able to invest money from the police and fire pension funds in the stock market and needed the approval of the unions.
Thats closer to what Fulltruck said and not at all what you said about a loan. I would like to see where it says the FDNY, NYPD and corrections gave a loan to the city to get the VSF.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
.... Not to mention that we paid an extra 5 and change for 20 years!!

Hey Fulltruck. BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM

360 posts, read 735,036 times
hey guys i lost the paper saying you have passed your physical does anyone know which phone number i would need to call to recieve another one..?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Thats closer to what Fulltruck said and not at all what you said about a loan. I would like to see where it says the FDNY, NYPD and corrections gave a loan to the city to get the VSF.
um....ok...if the city borrows money from our pension system and in return gives us more back,,,,,,I'd call that a loan, so maybe we are both right and you can't read between the lines.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post

Where are you getting your info? Can you post a link to it please. I would like to read the article you said you found while doing your research. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:30 PM

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/johnnnyo/P8120002a.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM

243 posts, read 680,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
hey guys i lost the paper saying you have passed your physical does anyone know which phone number i would need to call to recieve another one..?
you dont need it. you will get mail for pre employment when they are ready

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting your info? Can you post a link to it please. I would like to read the article you said you found while doing your research. Thanks.
page22 ......I'm not sure if at the time DSNY was a uniforemed service. I think it was, and who ever the president at the time said NO.

Last edited by bombero2811; 08-12-2009 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City